Hello 12ht Gurus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I am currently in Tangier, Morocco. I was doing a routine check of my engine before going into the Sahara, found this hose connected to this white plastic part disconnected. What is the function of this part? Engine is running fine just don’t what to have future problem. See picture below. Thx
0EF9EFB4-1081-43E2-84B7-3D0181F41952.jpeg
con

Can't help with the ID, but hope the trip is going well!

Morocco is a looooong drive from LA-LA land!👍

Can't help with the ID, but hope the trip is going well!

Morocco is a looooong drive from LA-LA land!👍
Doing great, very exciting. Follow us @nullacruising thx

It’s a filter, usually Is mounted on the left intake pipe mounting bolt on the throttle body in an HJ61.

What does it filter?

I believe it is a filter used between the pressure side intake pipe and the boost compensator. I would assume to filter out any small particles on the way to the compensator.

hth’s

gb

I traced the hose. On the first picture the hose I circled is disconnected, the hose with an arrow is connected to intake just above the turbo. Also see notes on the picture.Thx
84D99B92-CB01-4962-9926-107B322EB110.jpeg

Circle is the disconnect hose, arrow is connected to the second picture.
AA0AE0C7-C739-4E21-9BBF-E8CE2BE507DC.jpeg

Hose with arrow is connected here

The hose appears to be the turbo waste gate line. If it is, t senses the boost pressure and opens/closes the the waste gate to control the pressure. The white plastic part, as noted earlier, is a filter to protect the waste gate.

Did you notice any engine performance or boost pressure changes? Do you have a boost gauge? With the line disconnected, the waste could not work.

I don't know what turbo boost pressure the 12HT makes, but a stronger clamp is needed to keep the line in place.

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on there but this is how it should be.....
2326F798-67F4-4AA7-8739-368064F0987A.png

The input of the filter, bottom side in above pic is meant to be fed from the pressure side intake tube and the other side, 90 degree side, is meant to go to the back side of the injection pump connecting to the boost compensator.

This may help.......
37D48226-B835-4EE3-90E8-A48B1839C939.png

And on the turbo..... that hose on the wastegate actuator should be connected to the spigot on the turbo neck. As seen here......
A01BDFFE-88F1-4229-8F24-4D7A7885582F.png

Looking at your set up closer it looks like you do not have the factory cross over pipe from the turbo to the throttle body. I would assume at this point the installer chose to get the pressure signal directly from the turbo to the compensator via that connection at the turbo. What is not so clear is where the hose for the actuator is going. I assume that they are T’d together somewhere?

Looking at your set up closer it looks like you do not have the factory cross over pipe from the turbo to the throttle body. I would assume at this point the installer chose to get the pressure signal directly from the turbo to the compensator via that connection at the turbo. What is not so clear is where the hose for the actuator is going. I assume that they are T’d together somewhere?

Thank you, yes I have an Intercooler. I am looking at my set up now. How critical is this to the function of my engine? I think this hose has been dis connected for a while. Thx

The hose appears to be the turbo waste gate line. If it is, t senses the boost pressure and opens/closes the the waste gate to control the pressure. The white plastic part, as noted earlier, is a filter to protect the waste gate.

Did you notice any engine performance or boost pressure changes? Do you have a boost gauge? With the line disconnected, the waste could not work.

I don't know what turbo boost pressure the 12HT makes, but a stronger clamp is needed to keep the line in place.

I have not noticed any change in the the performance. Yes i have a boost gauge. I have a manual boost controller the turbo waste gate line is connected to my boost controller. Thx

What is this hose not connected on your picture. I circled it. ThxView attachment 1927321
It would have provided the boost /overboost pressure signal to the factory HJ61 dash indicator sensors. Mine will not be used and I will likely cap that line off.
I your other picture it looks like the hose has fallen off the boost compensator spigot at the back of the pump. I see a tiny bit of shiny where the hose connects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom