Hidden Winch Mount Behind Factory Bumper - 100 Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I've been posting on Instagram a ton and wanted to finally post something on here for everyone to look at!

Below is my build for my hidden winch Mount inside my factory bumper!

To start the build I used a universal winch plate from Harbor Fraud! From there I cut it up and welded with my own brackets that clamp around the frame. It requires no welding on to the factory frame rails. It did require that I drill two holes through the frame to bolt it on.

Last edited:
Looks great! I have a hidden mount and need a winch to go along with it. Looking at the HF 12k.

Never heard of that winch your using.

Also, where did you mount the solenoid and how is it using the spool handle?

Was thinking of routine mine into the engine bay.

Looks great! I have a hidden mount and need a winch to go along with it. Looking at the HF 12k.

The winch is not released to the market yet so that's why your having trouble finding it. Through my work we sell lots of rigged Ridge and Omix Ada so that's how I got It. The control box is zip tied next to the winch. I'll make a bracket soon for it.

(edited)

Looks fantastic!!

@2000_land_cruiser Nice work on the custom winch plate.

When I had a hidden winch, the clutch lever and solenoid box were very easy to access by lifting the hood and reaching behind the grill. So easy in fact, when I installed an ARB, I mounted the solenoid box behind the grill instead of on top of the bumper.

Sorry forgot to mention that the winch is wireless and has a remote to control it! If I want to free spool it, I can just reach in through the opening and flip the lever. (see pic)

@2000_land_cruiser Nice work on the custom winch plate.

When I had a hidden winch, the clutch lever and solenoid box were very easy to access by lifting the hood and reaching behind the grill. So easy in fact, when I installed an ARB, I mounted the solenoid box behind the grill instead of on top of the bumper.

Does your winch set upright/normal position on the ARB bumper, or is it a side mount which requires clocking the motor.

Does your winch set upright/normal position on the ARB bumper, or is it a side mount which requires clocking the motor.
I clocked the motor for the ARB install. I mounted the solenoid box for the winch behind the grill, just as it was with the hidden winch.

Access for hidden winch mount:

Saw this on a vendor's website when looking for a CB Mount. Not sure how it compares to the HF (install ease wise) but figured I'd share it. It is specifically designed for the 100.

Saw this on a vendor's website when looking for a CB Mount. Not sure how it compares to the HF (install ease wise) but figured I'd share it. It is specifically designed for the 100.
Yeah those are pretty legit I originally wanted to go that route but for that cost you can almost get a bumper! I figured I could make one myself it wouldn't look as pretty but it would function the same it's all hidden anyways.

Just saw ASFIR has an interesting hidden winch mount on their site.

edit: I'd still recommend a hidden kit from trail tailor who actively supports the forum

Last edited:
Just saw ASFIR has an interesting hidden winch mount on their site.
558020_SOLID_WINCH-MOUNT-PLATE-500x500.jpg
I actually ordered this recently, They said it will take a bit to get here. They say it’s made from 6mm steel and suitable for a 9.5k winch. It’s designed around a diesel 100 series, but I am hoping it will fit directly or with a little modification. I believe the ac lines that are near the frame rails on the front route differently on the hdj100s. I will be sure to post the results.

@Njck22 After spending so much time under the front of my car I think you only have to make one modification. Check it here. You can see in the second picture where I had to cut out for the AC line.

I actually ordered this recently, They said it will take a bit to get here. They say it’s made from 6mm steel and suitable for a 9.5k winch. It’s designed around a diesel 100 series, but I am hoping it will fit directly or with a little modification. I believe the ac lines that are near the frame rails on the front route differently on the hdj100s. I will be sure to post the results.

Also says the mount fits 03-06 only, I’m curious what the differences are.

I believe the 03-06 specification is because they only sold the landcruiser up to 2006 in certain markets.

@Njck22 After spending so much time under the front of my car I think you only have to make one modification. Check it here. You can see in the second picture where I had to cut out for the AC line. View attachment 1922307View attachment 1922313

Thanks, I figured as much because it looks like the diesel 100 series route that line outside the frame rails. I suppose routing it inside helps protect it more but it’s just an ac line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom