200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What method are you using to flatten the front dust caps?
Same question here.
There might be several solution to this issue:
  1. Just not to install the center cap. Lots of cruisers didn't have it on
  2. Buy a deep enough center cap. People confirmed the cap on old models fit
  3. Flatten the dust caps and trim the inside of the wheel center cap.
I will probably take 2nd option.

I just received a set of 18" TRD wheels- stock lugs won’t fit- I’m assuming that the tundra lugs are what I need?

I just received a set of 18" TRD wheels- stock lugs won’t fit- I’m assuming that the tundra lugs are what I need?View attachment 1921412
It looks like you are not even clearing the front hub. I think thts your problem. The stock lugs should work. You need some 1.25” wheel
Spacers from Bora or spider traxxs

No -the rims are sitting flush against the hub,they just have a different backspacing. the stock lug is way too wide to work with these rims,I’m assuming the tundra lugs are much skinnier- they have to be,right?

They will fit but you will need to flatten the front dust caps. I flatten mine and used a dremel sander to sand away a little of the inside of the center cap until it was able to pop into place.View attachment 1900687
Is this how your hub looked with the rim installed? What lugs did you use? My stock LC lugs are t
They will fit but you will need to flatten the front dust caps. I flatten mine and used a dremel sander to sand away a little of the inside of the center cap until it was able to pop into place.View attachment 1900687

Should be around the hub. Not against it. Like the stock wheels in this picture.

1FC2A5FA-0C3F-4FF1-AFFF-E2BEECEDD00A.jpeg

Should be around the hub. Not against it. Like the stock wheels in this picture.

View attachment 1921464
It IS around the hub - check the pic. The outer center of the rim curves in over the hub a bit, but there is space between the front of the hub bolts and the rim, it’s sitting flush against the mating surface. I don’t have fitment issues with the rim, it’s just the lug nuts.

B2A71054-2A37-443C-B4BB-E80A036DD7D7.jpeg

87A9A1AD-A284-40AD-97F0-7588BAF994BF.jpeg

Interesting. You are probably one of the first guys to run these new BBS TRD wheels on a 100 series. I googled the wheels and the style seems the same; Maybe they are smaller? You should probably start a new thread and document your solution if this is going to be an issue.

4762902D-BC59-4ADF-A771-1C39EA632E29.png

Interesting. You are probably one of the first guys to run these new BBS TRD wheels on a 100 series. I googled the wheels and the style seems the same; Maybe they are smaller? You should probably start a new thread and document your solution if this is going to be an issue.

View attachment 1921475
There are tons of people who run the Tundra rims from the last few model years- they all have the same hub bore (110mm) and bolt pattern (5x150mm). I haven't been able to find anyone else with these exact rims, but I can't be the only one???...I've ordered a set of 2018 Tundra lug nuts, I'll post when they arrive.

The hub section looks totally different than all the past wheel models. It looks like it takes a disc cap similar to the Rock Warrior wheels as opposed to a "hub cap" like most others. I think that's why some are saying that it doesn't look like its properly seated against the hub. I have a feeling that the proper lug nuts will be the right fix. Best of luck. cant wait to see how these look on the rig!

17" TRD Rock Warriors with 1-1.25" spacers (not positive, came with the wheels) and 285/75/17 Cooper St Maxx (34")

I think this tire size looks fricken perfect. A little meatier than the 33s everyone runs without the work required to fit 35s properly. I'll test out rubbing under compression this weekend.
Going to be running a similar setup but with KO2’s, was leaning towards 285/70/17 because I’m not sure if the 75’s will rub at all. Can you shed some light on this for me?

There are tons of people who run the Tundra rims from the last few model years- they all have the same hub bore (110mm) and bolt pattern (5x150mm). I haven't been able to find anyone else with these exact rims, but I can't be the only one???...I've ordered a set of 2018 Tundra lug nuts, I'll post when they arrive.

I’m pretty active here on MUD and a 100 series FB page. You are probably not the first, just the first to document it. I haven’t seen anyone with these. Probably because they are so new, they aren’t a very affordable option for guys with Older Rigs like us. How did you come accross that set? How much?

Looks nice! Just spacers for the front correct? Did you have any rubbing? Trying to see how large I can go without any rubbing. Also, what kind of tires you running?
Thanks, I really like the wider stance. I went ahead and trimmed the inner fender liner while I had the wheels off (just the part that sticks out towards the tire) I then sprayed the exposed metal with a rubberized coating. So far I haven't heard any rubbing at all in forward or reverse. I installed spacers on the front and rear. As for the tires, I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.

[
Going to be running a similar setup but with KO2’s, was leaning towards 285/70/17 because I’m not sure if the 75’s will rub at all. Can you shed some light on this for me?

You will need to work the pinch weld down to prevent rubbing there. Otherwise, I don't really have any issues. If I'm coming down hard with the wheel turned on an obstacle there may be a slight scrub, but it's very rare.

I’m pretty active here on MUD and a 100 series FB page. You are probably not the first, just the first to document it. I haven’t seen anyone with these. Probably because they are so new, they aren’t a very affordable option for guys with Older Rigs like us. How did you come accross that set? How much?
I found them on Ebay- $899 shipped for 4. I overnighted a set of splined lug nuts, hoping they work, I'll post an update.

Hey all, thinking about picking up a set of tundra rock warrior 17 inch rims.

What size spacer should I run to have the wheel sit flush with the body on an LX?

What is a good source for spacers? Many of the links posted are long dead.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom