Anybody tried a Grabber X3? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was researching new tires and saw these. My 40 and 60 both have the MT Redletters and have been great tires. Put a set of 295 70 17s on the wifes FJ Cruiser today and they are very nice. About 50 miles on them but I like the look and I got the blackwall option.

20161229_174002.jpg

Any updates from you guys on these X3's? I'm probably gonna be getting some new tires soon. Been running a KM2 35x12.50 17. Was wondering if I should shell out the extra coin for the KM3 or give these grabber x3's a shot.

Two years on the X3s now. They started out great but have turned into a difficult to keep balanced and extremely loud tire. Not good for a daily driver. Are wearing fairly well but will not be buying another set.
I have the Micky Thompson MTZ P3 on my DD 60 for over a year with excellent results. Quiet, stable, good wet and snow traction. Extremely happy with this tire.

Any other long term reviews of the X3? I ran the red letter Grabbers and liked them but also found them to be difficult to keep balanced as they aged. My most recent Toyo’s Have been great with that respect but have cracked horribly between the tread blocks. So think about going back to the generals this time around.

I got curious about them after watching this. I know these guys are sponsered by General but I liked what the rep had to say

I have the new AT2s on my super duty and love them. Excellent performance on and off road so far, can’t speak on wear life yet only had them for 5k. 10 ply too. Did a bunch of research and these are a very well reviewed General tire. $650 out the door. Disappointed they don’t come in 255x85x16.

I have the new AT2s on my super duty and love them. Excellent performance on and off road so far, can’t speak on wear life yet only had them for 5k. 10 ply too. Did a bunch of research and these are a very well reviewed General tire. $650 out the door. Disappointed they don’t come in 255x85x16.
View attachment 1921341
Another positive vote for some AT2s .. Had them for over 50k miles and life was still over 50% granted she was a mall crawler more than anything, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom