Nanaimo club run.... for real (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey maybe our 4x4 club should go wheeling?

looking to set something up on Saturday the 16th in Nanaimo area... possibly have a club meeting to follow 🍺

IMG_6229.JPG

Hey Graham, thanks for organizing this! I shall do my best to join. From the calendar looks like I'm free; will run it past swmbo.

sam_0044-jpg.1217158

Fudging eh right buds. maybe I can finally join the club. She's marked on the calendar.

I wanna go! Is it family friendly? I wanna bring my wife and 3 year old daughter along. We had a laugh at SWMBO, lol.

Jeremy

I wanna go! Is it family friendly? I wanna bring my wife and 3 year old daughter along. We had a laugh at SWMBO, lol.

Jeremy

Gsb15 can probably answer better as he's the one planning this, but I will throw in my two cents. I've been on a few of the Nanaimo runs before, and I also have young kids. I'd say the Nanaimo run would be a long long day for a three year old. Typically we're off road for 6-8hrs. Coming from Victoria, you're looking at an additional 3hrs total highway driving. If you're new to 4x4ing, you might want to come on your own once or twice to get the hang of it also... All that said, if you have some 4x4 experience and you think your daughter can handle sitting in the car all day, then go for it!

The Nanaimo mountain trails is the wild back woods adventure playground of the Island. It is a strange and formidable landscape of winding back roads and mysterious trails only hindered by large forbidding yellow steel gates that once past lead to berghoff cabins perched high on the top of cliffs and mountain passes in places called The Red Neck Valley, and The Devils Foothills. We always seem to find our way to where we need to be, but this cannot be explained in simple works and must be experienced by those willing to risk it all to find off road enlightenment. These back roads are not for the faint of heart but more suited for an adventurous type person, or a birthday-boy. Many have ventured forth into these wild forested trails, some to emerge fulfilled as if returning from a spiritual quest, or life changing journey, while others come back tired and confused, perhaps just a little hung over.....oh ya and kids are welcome. 👁

You're quite the poet Jim!!

Just to confirm, I can make this run for sure! Looking forward to it.

As most of you have been to my house before, lets all meet here ready to launch by 10 AM or so....just a suggestion if it helps get this thing more organized.

As most of you have been to my house before, lets all meet here ready to launch by 10 AM or so....just a suggestion if it helps get this thing more organized.
That sounds good for a time. anyone who needs directions could contact Jim, alternatively I could meet people at the Tim Hortons in North Nanaimo at 9:30 and go from there

Oh hey Ryan, you are welcome to ride along with me if you want to come one this run.

Rob and I got out for an pre-exploration run today to the back-40 of Nanaimo. Back road conditions are not too bad, still lots of snow but overall was a great run today. Just spit balling here, someone sughgested a run to the Yellow Creek Mine. Its not far from Nanaimo and looks interesting. here is a link to some local wheelers going to this mine:
Thoughts on this?

Rob and I got out for an pre-exploration run today to the back-40 of Nanaimo. Back road conditions are not too bad, still lots of snow but overall was a great run today. Just spit balling here, someone sughgested a run to the Yellow Creek Mine. Its not far from Nanaimo and looks interesting. here is a link to some local wheelers going to this mine:
Thoughts on this?

That looks pretty interesting Jim. You sure it's not far from Nanaimo? I looked it up, and I think it's here (click link below). Close to Port Alberni... I'm up for some 'land cruisin' though. Don't mind a drive - thats what it's all about. Might want to start earlier though.

Just talked to Matt he said he might be able to get us easy peezy directions to this one. Post away Matt...

Just talked to Matt he said he might be able to get us easy peezy directions to this one. Post away Matt...

Assuming theres no gates, it's: Drive Highway 4 past Cameron Lake, left on Cameron River Main, Right on Yellows Creek Rd. Drive to the end.

But I'm betting there is a gate at Cameron River Main. So hopefully Matt know's a back way in.

Seems to connect to the Nitnat area too, but that seems a helluva drive undoubtedly with gates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom