CLC Tools and Shop Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Outfitters likely sells Ebrake cables

He was out when I got the rest of my parts. I got a Shibami off e-bay.

Anyone got a good recommendation on a framing nailer? I got a few projects coming up and am thinking about investing in one to expedite things.

Have been doing some research, but thought I'd ask and see what you all may have experience with.

Thanks in Advance

Anyone got a good recommendation on a framing nailer? I got a few projects coming up and am thinking about investing in one to expedite things.

Have been doing some research, but thought I'd ask and see what you all may have experience with.

Thanks in Advance

Hitachi Full Round Head or GTFO. It’s the gold standard of framing nailers. My$.02... clipped heads are lame, coil nailers are heavy & more fuss to load/swap sizes. Full round head is the only way to roll if you are a gangster, and the Hitachi is the most gangster of that category.

Immediate and total street cred should it ever set foot on a job site.

Unless you are going to be a ton of work, you can’t beat a Harbor Freight framing nailer. This is coming from someone that runs and old school Dewalt too.

Hitachi Full Round Head or GTFO. It’s the gold standard of framing nailers. My$.02... clipped heads are lame, coil nailers are heavy & more fuss to load/swap sizes. Full round head is the only way to roll if you are a gangster, and the Hitachi is the most gangster of that category.

Immediate and total street cred should it ever set foot on a job site.

View attachment 1908231

Guess moving forward we all will just have to GTFO since Hitachi tools has become Metabo HPT... some buy out the end of 2018 brought about the new brand. Hitachi Power Tools and Metabo Bought by USA-Based KKR Private Equity Firm

From what I can tell it is the same tools, just rebranded with the new name. the Hitachi's seemed to be the higher reviewed of the units I looked at.

Man, having the right tool makes jobs soo much easier and less stressful.

Surgery to replace hinge on the Anco wiper box. Air cut off tool (from sister in law) for middle rivets and electric die grinder (from grandpa) for the hard to reach ones in the corners, and done!

0303191807.jpg

Now just have to get a replacement hinge and some rivets to wrap it up.

Anybody ever used an arbor press for U-joints? I need to do the joints on the pig and thought it might work for something like that. Looking at a 1 ton one. Thoughts?

Anybody ever used an arbor press for U-joints? I need to do the joints on the pig and thought it might work for something like that. Looking at a 1 ton one. Thoughts?

I use one for all my u joint jobs. So much easier than two sockets and a hammer. I’m not sure what tonnage mine is but it’s been a lifesaver with some stubborn joints before.

Well since it looks like my better half is thinking of making a go at slinging old parts as a part time gig to fill her days I thought she needed her own set of tools, so I picked this up for her this afternoon.

0420191835.jpg

0420191849~2.jpg

I gotta say, I'm impressed with the contents. Couple things I noticed right off is that the 1/2" drive sockets go up to 32 mm, and all the sizes are engraved into the tools, not printed on them like many you find these days. If she keeps at it, we will upgrade and add to as needed, but for now this is a pretty good start, and for the price, it really can't be beat.

Last edited:
Get her the ratcheting 1/2” breaker bar too. It’s so worth it.

We'll add that to the list. She's gonna need a better set of wrenches too. We worked out of it this afternoon and the metric wrench assortment is pretty narrow, but otherwise had most everything we needed.

She either needs a power probe or an electric test bench so she can see if electrics she pulls work or not. That and a good covered spot and some concrete so she/ we don't had to mush the grass. Once we get the LLC set up then we can really start losing monies...

Took my carport in front of my house down and am putting it back on the north end of my shop.

Plan is a 18-20” deep row of shelves down the old wall for Cruiser junk.

10x24’ pull through parking

7x24’ storage area for big crap like hard tops and doors and such

F1E62297-AF8E-49C8-B3B5-39AF19946A0E.jpeg

Worked on the shop all day.

Woke up this morning and there was a full 1” deep lake on the roof. I did not put enough fall on it.

Had to jack it up. Cut the rear posts and mash it down with the bucket on the tractor.

It’s draining now.

Got the supports up for the old metal roof sides.
456B2148-33C2-4E2B-866B-A3B78E9D210F.jpeg

AC9C5B54-3A4E-4D98-9CCF-4905F1F24CE2.jpeg

Hung my 45 top and door. My main shop is starting to feel like I have room to breath again
FD1FD2DE-9D12-4938-BDD6-A9B13E9E10D6.jpeg

Ran a couple of plugs and some lights out there too

EC61DA3F-80F8-4BDF-A8AA-42D1F2D14739.jpeg

Went and picked up some old metal roofing. I needed about 1/2 of the load I got, but I cleaned him out. I ended up getting struck by this snake after he finally bailed on the tin and snuck into the grass. Hit me in the shoe
BBF2DA42-FC53-4590-976E-8A55C07F2FBD.jpeg

I put the tin up. Looks great. I’m enclosed. Next up is a bunch of shelving and hangers to get all this crap out of my shop
75F426D1-4887-4A34-9892-650DAA1763BB.jpeg

3A1AE8F8-94EE-4016-B641-8A83DD223636.jpeg

711B4A3F-80B4-4EB7-8D62-A0D05CD813A9.jpeg

DE6FDE82-E528-413F-901D-DA9DF04DCBE9.jpeg

I wish I didn't have a homeowners association...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom