Builds Rig Build Ups and Diesel Swaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am working on my 94 80 and 4he1 with aw450 swap going well so far however i have hit a major starter location snag
. and trying to figure out how to hybrid the 442f harness with the aw45o tcm and plugs or some variation that works .. i dont think i will have much trouble with the main swap itself other than these i mentioned

i am working on my 94 80 and 4he1 with aw450 swap going well so far however i have hit a major starter location snag
. and trying to figure out how to hybrid the 442f harness with the aw45o tcm and plugs or some variation that works .. i dont think i will have much trouble with the main swap itself other than these i mentioned
I want to say @Fromage is the person to ask about a442/AW450 hybrid stuff. If you use search you should be able to find the Mitsubishi fuso swap he conducted where he made the hybrid trans. That should put you in the right direction.

I should update that post but the aw450 is done and ready however i seriously think iam going to have to use the mitsubishi 4d34. Cuz the 4he1 just doesnt want to fit far enuf back to clear the oil pan and at its far back point it blocks the turbo intake.

update . i went with the fuso 4d34 and have the engine and trans in and its working well however iam in dire need of an intercooler kit . sugestions ?

Converting LJ78 into coil sprung 76/77 style cruiser. 1HZ swap

update . i went with the fuso 4d34 and have the engine and trans in and its working well however iam in dire need of an intercooler kit . sugestions ?
You could build your own from piping kits and inter coolers sold online. You need to figure out what size piping and cooler you want to run. I built one for my HDJ81.

You could build your own from piping kits and inter coolers sold online. You need to figure out what size piping and cooler you want to run. I built one for my HDJ81.

I agree and that is what I did on my 60 with an Isuzu 4BD2 swap.

Here is a sample of mine, and lots of pictures in my swap build linked below.

In process of putting a 2003 1hd fte out of 100 series in to a 92 hzj75 running a 1hz.

full conversion ,wiring loom ,dash cluster, accelerator pedal and engine of course.

FJ60 12HT swap with split 24/12volt system.

1HZ 4.2 Diesel install in a 1987 FJ62 - (pulled out the 3F).

Got the gearbox ready and all the clutch components done, with the bellhousing ready for mating. Now for the interesting part of trying to get everything to work with the new diesel. Its all the electrical stuff that is terrifying me LOL . Baby steps

Nellie in the Berg.jpeg
Pulling the Engine (05a).jpg
IMG_20210429_140759.jpg

Here's my LJ78/VW TDI swap thread:

If you guys want to check it out or follow along I have a 1995 HDJ80 from Belgium I am building up and turning into a Ute.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom