Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO, if I’m thirsty, I’ll find a way to get into a beer bottle and I’ve found w/ so many breweries moving to cans, and the potential to break bottles, I rarely need a bottle opener and wouldn’t have a need for it. The stainless on the other hand? I’d buy that since I only really need one.

IMO, if I’m thirsty, I’ll find a way to get into a beer bottle and I’ve found w/ so many breweries moving to cans, and the potential to break bottles, I rarely need a bottle opener and wouldn’t have a need for it. The stainless on the other hand? I’d buy that since I only really need one.

I agree with @neckbone . I prefer cans to bottles, plus aluminum goes for much more at the recycling center... :cheers: Besides opening a beer bottle VIA other means is much more fun!! ie: Leatherman, Bolo, Matchete, vise-grip, crescent wrench... 🤣

I agree with @neckbone . I prefer cans to bottles, plus aluminum goes for much more at the recycling center... :cheers: Besides opening a beer bottle VIA other means is much more fun!! ie: Leatherman, Bolo, Matchete, vise-grip, crescent wrench... 🤣

I just use my wedding ring. Worked well for years.

J

I am also ready for the rear Antenna mount

Order has been placed.

Cant wait for the antenna mount.

Last edited:
Jason, quick question about your LCA skids. Not trolling, honest question. How much extra protection do the skids add? I like the idea of more protection, but if you come down onto an unarmored attachment point vs an armored one, how does the armor help when it's attached directly to what it's trying to protect? I mean, they're not expensive, and it seems like cheap insurance to me. Just need a little more info before buying.

Jason, quick question about your LCA skids. Not trolling, honest question. How much extra protection do the skids add? I like the idea of more protection, but if you come down onto an unarmored attachment point vs an armored one, how does the armor help when it's attached directly to what it's trying to protect? I mean, they're not expensive, and it seems like cheap insurance to me. Just need a little more info before buying.

I can give some feedback on this question from personal experience. My buddy and I went wheeling and he destroyed his factory LCA bracket to the point where the bracket was actually interfering with the movement of the control arm. This is when I started asking fabricators for anyone wanting to make some for the 100 (there are made for several other yotas but I couldn't find anything for the 100) and TT came thru. I can tell you that the LCA skids Jason makes are thicker metal than the stock brackets ones, and I can also tell you that replacing a damaged stock welded on bracket not simple.

To answer your question I think the skid will keep the control arm functional and not bend the tab as easily to interfere with movement with the control arm itself. If you landed on a rock the added thickness of the skid will add structural strength so it won't crush in as easily. Its a rather thin metal bracket otherwise.

Here you go: Rear lower control arm bracket protection

This picture will also help explain visualize how the LCA skids help

Pictures speak louder than words. I can def see where the skids are stronger than the oem. I guess I was kinda hinting you’d knock the entire bracket off, not just damage it. That’s another $90 that’ll be added to the order once the antenna mounts are ready.

Thanks a ton for those perfect responses.

Not trying to hound about the antenna mount, but any idea when they’ll be ready? If in a couple weeks, I’ll wait, if longer, I’m gonna go ahead and make a small order. Just trying to save on shipping if I can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom