What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed this 25w dual band ham radio. Fits perfectly where the ashtray slot goes. No cutting at all. Power it from the cigarette lighter wired behind the dash. I have a magnetic antenna on the bumper now, but my LED headlights are seriously interfering with the radio reception.

View attachment 1901904
How in the hell are you guys getting MPGs like that? I have a very mild setup, no added weight, etc. and I can't get better than 10.1 MPG on the highway?!?! WTF?

Found some snow to play in up on Chews Ridge. Fun trip, but I removed my roof rack yesterday and thought I sealed up the mounting holes good enough so rain water wouldn't get in. Sure enough, I had a small puddle of water on my passenger floormat this morning. On the way up the mountain I noticed my "D" light flickering in the gauge cluster, and my climate control, outside temp, and clock were out. Thought about turning around, but continued on. Everything went back to normal and the fam had fun. I was stressing a little, but I knew my LX wouldn't let me down.

The STT Pros worked really good! Tons of traction.

View attachment 1901797

View attachment 1901800

View attachment 1901802
Great stance on your LX. Looks like fun.

Just use it as your front plate :) I've had mine on for over 5 years (previously on my Outback) and have never had an issue with the law. My neighbor is a DPS Trooper and a friend of mine is an Austin Police member and both have told me that it's not any issue that a cop will be concerned with .... as long as you have a legit rear plate visible. It's a great conversation piece :)

View attachment 1902195

Yeah, I think riding around w/ liquor on your hood instead of in your cup is probably more of an issue for TX police. 🤣 HAHAHA

How in the hell are you guys getting MPGs like that? I have a very mild setup, no added weight, etc. and I can't get better than 10.1 MPG on the highway?!?! WTF?

I get 12.5 in the city with the new tires and all stop and go traffic. Haven't put it on the road yet but normally get about 15 to 16 on HWY.

Replaced the heater hoses and tees yesterday. The hot side tee completely disintegrated during removal, so I'm glad I finally took the time to do this proactive replacement!!! 2000 LC with ~190k miles on the clock. My cruiser has lived in Colorado, New Mexico and now Alaska.

I get 12.5 in the city with the new tires and all stop and go traffic. Haven't put it on the road yet but normally get about 15 to 16 on HWY.
You gotta be kidding? Wonder WTF is going on with my rig?o_O:crybaby:

I just got mine a month ago, but seem to be averaging 13.6. Completely un-modded so far, except running board removal. Something is off with yours.

Sounds about right for an unmodded rig. Once you start adding weight and non-aero features, mpg drops like a stone. I avg approx 10.5mpg in mixed daily driving. But, my LX is very heavy and has numerous non-aero parts like a bullbar, roofrack, rtt and more.

I get 11.8 in DC traffic...no mods...so I am curious about the higher MPGs as well.

I drive with a VERY light foot when its my car, and most of my miles are highway driving back to see friends on weekends. I have a car for work thankfully so I dont have to drive this to the city everyday.

Got new shoes finally. Now to work on the speedometer correction. 275/70/18 Atturo Trail Blade X/T.

What’s your plan to correct the speedometer? I just got the same size tires on my LX.

Finally got around to adding the land tank lower control arms from wits end. Also added the Trail tailor skids to protect them.
I can not emphasize how much better the truck drives. It really helped to rid of the various vibrations and goofiness associated with raising these trucks to the limit.
Wish I had done it earlier.
Went with the toyota bushings.
The skid plate fit perfectly.

And a little product placement for wkor

@brando1 Are these land tank lower control arms for lift rigs as well?..Website states for stock height which is why I ask

@brando1 Are these land tank lower control arms for lift rigs as well?..Website states for stock height which is why I ask
They sell both. I went with the lifted ones. Add for he toyota bushings.

Just use it as your front plate :) I've had mine on for over 5 years (previously on my Outback) and have never had an issue with the law. My neighbor is a DPS Trooper and a friend of mine is an Austin Police member and both have told me that it's not any issue that a cop will be concerned with .... as long as you have a legit rear plate visible. It's a great conversation piece :)

View attachment 1902195

Wow thanks - I’ll give it a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom