What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been trying to figure out the perfect tire size for me...finally settled on Falken AT3W in 285/75/16. Would have liked 295’s but tire selection is very limited. My steering is so much more precise, no longer wanders all over the road, my steering wheel is straight, and the truck definitely feels taller!

Also did the rear rotors, pads, ebrake, and axle seal - found that one of my rear calipers was missing a slide pin 😬. Whoever worked on this last did a pretty terrible job...I’m slowly fixing up the shortcomings.

New spark plugs and coils. Took me the entire afternoon, but, I’d never done it before and I had fun cleaning. Comparing to threads here I wonder if the plugs were original at 230k, they were extremely dark brown, but not wet or broken. Coil boots were new.. coils were not. If only I knew two years ago what I know now, this wouldn’t be my truck. Still don’t regret it!

Then replaced my cracked third taillight with the $70 eBay special which turned out to be Chineseum crap that mostly fit, with a deadblow. Win some, lose some. At least it isn’t idling at 1000+ now!

Been trying to figure out the perfect tire size for me...finally settled on Falken AT3W in 285/75/16. Would have liked 295’s but tire selection is very limited. My steering is so much more precise, no longer wanders all over the road, my steering wheel is straight, and the truck definitely feels taller!

Also did the rear rotors, pads, ebrake, and axle seal - found that one of my rear calipers was missing a slide pin 😬. Whoever worked on this last did a pretty terrible job...I’m slowly fixing up the shortcomings.

View attachment 1899805View attachment 1899806

What? isn't almost all the weight of driver side on the body?

New spark plugs and coils. Took me the entire afternoon, but, I’d never done it before and I had fun cleaning. Comparing to threads here I wonder if the plugs were original at 230k, they were extremely dark brown, but not wet or broken. Coil boots were new.. coils were not. If only I knew two years ago what I know now, this wouldn’t be my truck. Still don’t regret it!

Then replaced my cracked third taillight with the $70 eBay special which turned out to be Chineseum crap that mostly fit, with a deadblow. Win some, lose some. At least it isn’t idling at 1000+ now!
Next time, check out CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
the guys are knowledgable, friendly and stock or can find most spare parts you're looking for...very reasonably priced, too!

That looks really good!! Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to install the drawer on the passenger side? Seems like it would be easier to get someone in and out of that lone backseat on the PS since the single seat moves on that side.

Really good question and I really , really wanted it on the Driver side. The answer is weight.. Gas tank, swing arm are both on the driver side and I already have a spring spacer on the driver side to level the truck. To even weight and keep the cruiser leveled I had to use the passenger side.

Replaced my power antenna with a OE replacement from this place. Forgot to put the antenna down before going through a car wash! Took myself and my 7yr old less than 5 minutes to swap out. All we had to do was extract the old, which the teeth were fully entact, and pull the new one in by pushing the down button on the mast control. She had a blast, and asked what else she can fix!!!!

Picked up some steel for a new roof rack. The one I have is ok, but kind of slapped it together without much thought. It's a tray style and lacks tie downs, and an easy way to mount the rtt. The new one will fix that, and i need a project to break in my new Makita cold saw.

20190208_120253.jpg

Picked up some steel for a new roof rack. The one I have is ok, but kind of slapped it together without much thought. It's a tray style and lacks tie downs, and an easy way to mount the rtt. The new one will fix that, and i need a project to break in my new Makita cold saw.

View attachment 1900358
If it’s anything like you previous rack and bumper designs - then I’m sure it’s gonna turn out sweet.

Changed spark plugs at 120k. Discovered the cylinder head gaskets to be leaking with some contamination on the spark plugs as well. Leaks not too bad so I gently tightened the bolts and ordered needed parts to replace gaskets, bolts and spark plug tube gaskets. Forgot the PCV oops. Also just replaced the charcoal cannister for about 300 clams and an hour easy work. And, most importantly, WASHED IT!

Changed spark plugs at 120k. Discovered the cylinder head gaskets to be leaking with some contamination on the spark plugs as well. Leaks not too bad so I gently tightened the bolts and ordered needed parts to replace gaskets, bolts and spark plug tube gaskets. Forgot the PCV oops. Also just replaced the charcoal cannister for about 300 clams and an hour easy work. And, most importantly, WASHED IT!
View attachment 1900583
Where did you get the charcoal canister? OEM?

Replaced my front diff bushing, and made a how to video for it. Then the file corrupted during the little amount of editing I was doing :censor:

Where did you get the charcoal canister? OEM?
OEM for a little over $300 shipped. I did notice many online dealer sources listed it as discontinued. Same part number for Toyota or Lexus on this part I believe. I just looked until one said they had it. Easy job. I think I saw a Dorman replacement for $225 while I was looking, but I’m not a fan of aftermarket unless it’s a product known to be better than OEM. More info on this thread- Real Time Help Needed- Charcoal Cannister on Road near Vegas

OEM for a little over $300 shipped. I did notice many online dealer sources listed it as discontinued. Same part number for Toyota or Lexus on this part I believe. I just looked until one said they had it. Easy job. I think I saw a Dorman replacement for $225 while I was looking, but I’m not a fan of aftermarket unless it’s a product known to be better than OEM. More info on this thread- Real Time Help Needed- Charcoal Cannister on Road near Vegas

Looking to do this before a big trip in a couple months. Do you have the part number? Also did you do the hoses too? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom