UPGRADE - Basics are done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use to see a profile page that would be able to search posting by a member. At the bottom the page of postings was a option to search threads created by that member. Is that feature gone? I found that very useful in my search to find old threads.
Profile > Postings tab > Find dropdown

Thanks @woody !
Question: on email alerts to private messages or watched forums, I used to be able to read most of message or new posting in my email without viewing it on the site, now it seems like all I'm getting is the alert without any info and I need to visit the forum to read specifics. Is that one of the "plugin" updates you're still working on? Thanks again!
Correct....actually, one of the plugins that hasn't yet been ported to this software version. Unsure just when it will be handled.

This is really key functionality for me... given some of the places I work block the site (or I’m on a satellite link) it’s nice to be able to see the summary of the watched thread in email, before deciding if I have to (or even can) visit the site. They rarely block email...

Thanks for the strong work @woody. The site looks great!

I am not longer able to include an image in my post that I have pre-uploaded in my album? I didn't see this mentioned yet.

I am not longer able to include an image in my post that I have pre-uploaded in my album? I didn't see this mentioned yet.
unsure on this one, researching what I missed...

Fixed...I assumed the Gallery plugin automatically included the option in the toolbar....guess not :)

Hi,
For some reason my watched forum dissipated.
When I go to the forum it shows watched, but when I click the drop down on watched noting is there.
Hmmmm
Thanks,
Same. The tech forums I watch show up when I select “Watched Forums”, but not the clubhouses. They still show to be watched, just don’t display now.

I love it!!!! not sure if I was the only one ever to have this problem, but on an Android phone, autocorrect would jack up all your text on in Chrome mobile browser if you tried to use it. No more! It works great with the new upgrade! Thanks!!!

Same. The tech forums I watch show up when I select “Watched Forums”, but not the clubhouses. They still show to be watched, just don’t display now.
Appears to be a bug, I've reported it to the developers.

I found 4 bugs during testing, and we've discovered 3 more thus far this week. No surprise, "development" installs never test features like "production"

Great work @woody!!

Having been in the web game for large public sites for 20 years, I know major upgrades rarely go exactly as planned. Also appreciate how you are forced to make choices to keep the site functioning and secure!!

And to the rest of us - I want to make a plea to consider subscribing at some level to support Woody and say thank you.
(I have no stake in Mud - just someone that has been in his shoes and appreciates what he has created for the Toyota community.)

What many folks that have never been in Woody's shoes may not realize is the angst and stress that an update brings on. It is an exercise in frustration. No matter what you decide and how well it is planned, you know the process of moving to a new version of software is going to break things that are currently working with the existing site setup. You know there will be headaches for your users as a result but you have no choice. Often it is because you are having to decide what to do when plugins and external code your site needs to function smoothly are no longer maintained or haven't been updated by their authors for the new version of software. You end up in a no-win situation.

And the display issue is a literal moving target that can change at any time when one browser maker or Apple/Google/Microsoft decide to make an adjustment to how the browsers display code that is different the others. It can drive you batty when one system displays a font slightly differently than the others. Sometimes it is even a hardware issue.

And this doesn't even get into the 24/7 security probes by botnets, hackers, and malware that can keep you up at night and away from your Toyota.

Last edited:
Having been in the web game for large public sites for 20 years, I know major upgrades rarely go exactly as planned. Also appreciate how you are forced to make choices to keep the site functioning and secure!!

You know it :) Fortunately, users are pretty patient too...I do my darndest to keep up with the XF site and all the changes and oddities that arise....that helps a ton.

At least we are "close" now to having things working as expected....a few bugs to fix, a few additional functions/tweaks to get handled, and hopefully that'll have it handled.

until next time...lol

I hope didn't miss this one already talked about:

Email alerts don't include the copy of the posts anymore. That's the most important thing to me with my membership. Lame but it's true. Is that feature coming back?

Thanks for your patience and effort @woody .

I hope didn't miss this one already talked about:

Email alerts don't include the copy of the posts anymore. That's the most important thing to me with my membership. Lame but it's true. Is that feature coming back?

Thanks for your patience and effort @woody .
on the list

All is good, reserved comment til end of week :)

I’m going on a limb to say I really don’t like this new mud. It hard to see the threads from the existing stickies. It’s all too much the same, I can’t fully explain it but it’s just not as readable as it was before. To me, it’s very a unfortunate change for Mud.

Thanks but they are added but still don’t show up in mobile view “watched” forums.
Watched Forums in Classifieds/Clubhouses are not working. Bug reported to XF.

Watched Threads appears to be working...I've added/removed a bunch from my list and they all act as they should.

I tried to search for this answer but that is the core of my problem... Advanced Search doesn't show an option to search by section (40s, 60s, 80s, etc)?

And the "hottest wives" thread is missing. :p:beer::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom