Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, she died yesterday. Sadly until the last 30-45 seconds of the drive I was damn impressed with how she was running. All glory to Ryan and Danny for taking her as far as she went.
Did you determine what killed it, and is it unsalvageable?

Anyone have a 2F engine in good shape?
What about a 3fe? I might have a line on that. Make a 2fe depending on what’s trashed on the 2f.

Oh, and......at least it lasted long enough to get back home from Tech Day without a tow! That would’ve been embarrassing.

EDIT: And I think you know a guy who can probably make the SC to VA run. Maybe even in less than 12 parsecs.

Ryan is leaning on a spun bearing. Said it was locked up tight today.
I saw a 85 2F for sale out in Cali but the guy won't respond to messages and I have no idea on shipping. Just feeling out my options right now.

What about a 3fe? I might have a line on that. Make a 2fe depending on what’s trashed on the 2f.

Oh, and......at least it lasted long enough to get back home from Tech Day without a tow! That would’ve been embarrassing.

EDIT: And I think you know a guy who can probably make the SC to VA run. Maybe even in less than 12 parsecs.
It ran like a champ since the tech day. I put a good 350 miles on it. Didn't burn or leak a drop of oil Only issue it has was a little clutch slip and Danny adjusted that out.

Check with the Shmukster on an engine.

I have a 2F out of a 60. I was holding onto for a spare. But it’s really getting in the way in my garage. I did a compression test on it but can’t find the numbers.

I ordered a new compression tester. I’ll get some numbers next week.

Last edited:
I have a 2F out of a 60. I was holding onto for a spare. But it’s really getting in the way in my garage. I did a compression test on it but can’t find the numbers.
If it works we can "Monty Hall" and let's make a deal.

Did you weigh them up?

Done! They have a kick a$@ “click” when they shut.... just right. I held the whole assembly sans table insert for right side and stepped on my scale.... approximately 85 pounds!!!!! Way too heavy, but what ya gonna do... I’m done for now.

Looks awesome!
Maybe cut holes in the sides and put mesh or screen over it to keep junk in.

Yea... definitely hole saw time in my future for sides and back. Every little bit. I DID just get almost 19mpg this week though 🆒 . The click! It’s so satisfying! I wish I could post a video. Haha.

There was a take out in Norfolk last month freebie, I couldn't get to it might still be there, but I think the guy was getting deployed. Worth looking for.
Have a link to the add? I'm working with Chris right now on a engine he says might be worthy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom