Dual Battery Kit Interest (1 Viewer)

If you have interest in this kit, what type of kit do you prefer?

• I am interested, but only if it is stoopid simple to install

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • I am interested, prefer it simple, but want some flexibility with the installation

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • I am interested, but I don't want anything finished, I just want all the parts to make it right

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will do.

Fell a bit behind, but should have it all done and announced in the next few days. Had one supplier be real slow:frown:

What is the difference between the ACR 7610 and the 7611?

What is the difference between the ACR 7610 and the 7611?

Basically the 7610 prioritizes the starting battery and the 7611 prioritizes the secondary battery.

Normally, dual battery setups are using either the 7610 or 7622.

Last edited:
Nice looking kit. I may have missed it... but why is it specific to 95-97?

Nice looking kit. I may have missed it... but why is it specific to 95-97?

Now that you mention it, it would probably work for 93-94, but I just haven't looked closely enough at the passenger fender well on one of those years to see if the cruise control module is in the same spot. If it is, then the kit will work just fine.

Thanks for making that point.

David

The 7610 based kit is all wrapped up, but here is an update and a follow-up to some questions I have had on the kit.

First, yes it will work and install just fine in a 93 or 94.

A few people have asked about the in cab led indicator showing when the batteries are combined charging so I now stock the little Bluesea LED used to indicate when the ACR has combined the batteries for charging.

I have also been asked pretty regularly about a simple "Add a fuse block" kit for the people that do not want to add a secondary battery but still want a good solid way to add amps, ham/cb radio, USB ports, etc. This is underway and my plan is to have a turn key kit providing a cable from the main battery to a fuse block mounting panel that will install near the ABS module above drivers side left kick panel. The beauty here, is that you won't have to get cable across the core support and into the cabin on the passenger side. More to come on that in the next week or so.

I am also currently working on getting the kit for the 7622 ML-ACR together, but expect that kit to be more expensive. The 7622 plus larger cabling and more robust protection just increases the price.

Just bumping this to let everyone know that the kit based around the 7622 ML-ACR should be available next week. This new kit will handle much higher current along with upgraded alternators. I am wrapping up all the details over the weekend and will post back once its all set.

Interested, although not sure how to move the transaction forward--can you PM me when ready? Thanks!

Just bumping this to let everyone know that the kit based around the 7622 ML-ACR should be available next week. This new kit will handle much higher current along with upgraded alternators. I am wrapping up all the details over the weekend and will post back once its all set.
What are your 24 volt offerings? I'm interested in a 12v vehicle and 24v cabin (cab) setup, but want both to be charged sufficiently via alternator and solar. RedArc or Projecta are my only options so far, but the config is a little wonky when it comes to the 24v bit, at least charging them anyway. Basically it's a charge the 24v bank as 2-12v batts and I don't know if that's sufficient or not.

Has anyone looked at the “Hellroaring technologies” kit?

About the only other setup I’d consider is Redarc, but I just love the simplicity and reliability, and proven record of BlueSea.

Kit is wrapped up and on the site, but I still need to add some more photos. Those should come later this week, but let me know if there are any questions.

This kit provides all the necessary modules, fuses, wiring, and connectors to properly add a second battery to a 1993-1997 80 Series . You will still need to add a second battery tray along with relocating the washer bottle.

Cables are built using tinned marine grade cable, marine terminal lugs, adhesive backed heat shrink and PET protective covering.

Includes the following -

• Blue Sea 7622 Automatic Charging Relay - Automatically combines batteries during charging, isolates batteries when discharging and when starting engines. The 7622 also allows for emergency cross-connect - this means that if your starting battery is dead you can self jump.
  • Blue Sea MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A of protection.
  • Blue Sea 200A marine fuse to protect the main battery to ACR connection.
  • Blue Sea Dual MRBF Terminal Fuse Block rated for up to 300A for the secondary battery - one terminal will be left empty so you have the ability to easily add another circuit to the back of the truck or an additional fuse block somewhere else in the truck.
  • Blue Sea 200A marine fuse to protect the secondary battery to ACR connection.
  • Four stainless steel allen head bolts, washers, and lock nuts for installation of the ACR onto the cruise control cover.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for secondary battery positive terminal to ACR.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for primary battery positive terminal to ACR.
  • 6AWG tinned marine cable for main battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 6AWG tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to fender.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for secondary battery negative terminal to engine block. Bolt for block included. This cable does not include the PET covering.
  • 1/0 tinned marine cable for primary battery negative terminal to engine block. This cable does not include the PET covering.
  • Two Mil-Spec battery terminals for main battery - this allows OEM fusible link and wiring, along with the new terminal fuse block to be easily installed.
  • Installation Instructions

acr and cables.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @LC4LIFE - I would like to ask some questions and spec out a kit for my build.
so in my quest of acquiring parts leading up to this, I’ve already procured the washer bottle relocation kit and the second battery tray. I’ve also procured a Blue Sea 7650 relay (back in 2016...)

my questions are can you quote me a complete battery cable overhaul kit (primary cables for starter/alternator) negative for the block and then the cables to mount a second battery and the switch to manage it in the cab? I guess I could use the red switch shown below but a switch in cab looks cool. Also those kindergarten instructions LOL.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom