3FE Owners Check-In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also anyone who would like to share some gas mileage figures that would be awesome, I'm trying to figure out if something is wrong with my cruiser or if it's normal, I'm getting 7 mpg on average but there is the occasional 6 mpg, on stock 31s!!!!... Needless to say my wallet is screaming for mercy...
Side note, I have heard of guys who bought them new saying that they got 13-14 mpg, is that even feasible??? I know these trucks aren't supposed to be fuel efficient, but less money on gas means more money for arb bumpers, rocksliders, better tires etc.
Thanks
Happy Cruisin'

Last edited:
I get right around 11.5 mpg pretty consistently.

Definitely a problem. I’m averaging 10-11 on bigger than stock tires. I was around 12-13 on stock sizes.[/QUOTE

Forgot to note I was at 11-13 mpg on 31" Cooper AT3's.
Now I am at around 10-12 mpg on 33" BFG KO2's 10 ply.

Yes, that is abnormally low. Stock On 31s as my DD I Also average just under 12, but have seen 14 on hw. I drive like grandpa and never have to go over 60. 91 octane we’ll bump me up a little.

I would start with the basics and check them off the list. I know a poorly timed engine can really drop the MPGs

Ok too many to quote here...

3 cheers for the brown/tan 3FE, badass! These are some great looking rigs gentlemen, glad they are in good hands ;)

Wow 91FJ80Super44 that interior is cherry! Thought mine was in great shape but that looks brand new.

No tint does look awesome but just not practical for me either. It gets 115 here sometimes in the summer and I like the privacy. I owe the tint to my interior condition too, though it is peeling off now so will eventually steam it off and re-tint
Thanks man. I couldn't believe a factory brown and tan ever showed up, but the striping is there too!

As for gas mileage I've been getting 10 to 15 mpg. 15 on the first ride home with 91 octane. Second tank on 85 or 87 (whatever was cheapest) was only 10, but that's at altitude too, like 7400'. Current tank is doing well with just around town driving. Actually thought my guage was stuck, but it finally started dropping after 16 miles

Thanks man. I couldn't believe a factory brown and tan ever showed up, but the striping is there too!

As for gas mileage I've been getting 10 to 15 mpg. 15 on the first ride home with 91 octane. Second tank on 85 or 87 (whatever was cheapest) was only 10, but that's at altitude too, like 7400'. Current tank is doing well with just around town driving. Actually thought my guage was stuck, but it finally started dropping after 16 miles
I replied like mine was the only brown/tan. Congrats to all who have these! I'm seeing a few in this check in now. Anyone else have the side stripes over the brown?

The factory cooler is a nice option to have (from the tow package option originally)

Hey guys and gals thanks for posting gas mileage figures, but yesterday I put new o2 sensors on the Cruiser, the ones on there were the ORIGINAL Toyota ones from 91 and I'm already at 25 miles and the gas gauge hasn't moved from full !!! So we'll see how it goes cause as some of yall know I was getting 6-7 mpg, so thanks for all the replies and we'll go from there...
Thanks a million,
Happy Cruisin'

Pulled my flares off today, have all the mounting hardware and flares if anybody wants them. Pm me about pricing.

8B043A6F-3CA9-4D4F-9F98-BA2F03E101AF.jpeg

View attachment 1898459

Hey guys and gals thanks for posting gas mileage figures, but yesterday I put new o2 sensors on the Cruiser, the ones on there were the ORIGINAL Toyota ones from 91 and I'm already at 25 miles and the gas gauge hasn't moved from full !!! So we'll see how it goes cause as some of yall know I was getting 6-7 mpg, so thanks for all the replies and we'll go from there...
Thanks a million,
Happy Cruisin'
How are the new O2 sensors working for you? Did your rig have trouble holding highway speeds with the old ones?

Thanks for the info

Alrighty the results are in and 11 mpg!!! So huge improvement over 6 MPG and yes I could tell a huge difference in highway power with the new O2 sensors but also what helps with power was the smog and catalytic converter delete. Thanks,
Happy Cruisin'

Nice! A new cat and new O2 sensors are on my to-do list.

Nice! A new cat and new O2 sensors are on my to-do list.
Are you in a non emissions county, if so I would do the cat delete it isn't any louder at all( unless you have a flowmaster like me) but the cat delete was already on my truck before I did the flowmaster and I can't tell a difference between one with catalytic converters and one without them noise wise but performance-wise you can definitely tell a difference.(it is mostly highway power but the engine breathes better as well) the butt dyno says more power LOL

Are you in a non emissions county, if so I would do the cat delete it isn't any louder at all( unless you have a flowmaster like me) but the cat delete was already on my truck before I did the flowmaster and I can't tell a difference between one with catalytic converters and one without them noise wise but performance-wise you can definitely tell a difference.(it is mostly highway power but the engine breathes better as well) the butt dyno says more power LOL

I'm past the cut-off date for emissions testing, but I'd have to do some digging around for a shop that would remove the cat.

I'm past the cut-off date for emissions testing, but I'd have to do some digging around for a shop that would remove the cat.
So you want to find a small privately owned performance exhaust shop, I took mine to one and the gentleman only charged $40 to install the flowmaster muffler, and make mounting brackets, so I asked him what he charges and it was $20 if he got to keep the catalytic converters for scrap if not it was 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom