Andy's Taco build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put my time machine to good use today. Went back and grabbed these beauties!

Screenshot_20190113-161153.png

Screenshot_20190113-161147.png

Last edited:
They look like new, nice score!

I'm toying with some different seats for the 80, but it's low on the list.

Hoping to see those seats installed in the Taco this Saturday!!!!!!

Not likely! It's missing a bunch of parts and sitting in the garage with a coating of dust - just where I like it to be when the snow is falling...

I'll be traveling in style for the meeting in the GX.

Last edited:
Andy what are you doing with your taco? Dual cases?

I love that the bellhousing is bolted to the front of the transmission during install/disassemble, unlike that in the old cruisers. Makes the install much easier. And no offset overhang of the transfer case- another benefit to the newer stuff. Keep us informed of what all you do Andy!!!!!!

20190119_212430-jpg.1894236

Reactions: caz
Since I have time while saving up for parts, I've been playing.

I split the tranny to check it out and to reseal it and clean it up. Looks great inside!

Going to replace the output bearing because it is a little scored, the input and output seals, the shifter seat, and the shifter base gaskets.

20190125_210237.jpg
20190127_193747.jpg

Last edited:
Since I have time while saving up for parts, I've been playing.

I split the tranny to check it out and to reseal it and clean it up. Looks great inside!

Going to replace the output bearing because it is a little scored, the input and output seals, the shifter seat, and the shifter base gaskets.

View attachment 1895289View attachment 1895290
Did you scotch pad the whole case by hand Andy?

Thanks, we have a cabinet at work too. I didn't want to disturb the cast surface, and honestly they cleaned up really well just with pressure washing.

I ended up being pretty successful finishing it off with steel wool and a product called Nevr Dull.

Then I ran both sides through the dishwasher and it dimmed them down to the way I wanted them to look

20190211_163404.jpg

I used Never Dull a lot in the Marines!

Way to much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom