Wrapped the LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling the 18x9 12 offset Black Rhino Madness you see in the pics along with 285/65/18 BFG K02’s. They have about 500 miles so like new. $2100 new. First $1300. Will put in classifieds too.

I dig the wrap. What rims and tire setup are you looking at next?

I loved them. Just trying a new look.

2bit1i.jpg

Looks pretty darn good. I would just have trouble forking over the $$$$$ to get it done.

Here it is now With completed vision. Typically a chrome wheels but in this case with so much matte and deep green I welcomed the contrast.

711C0EA9-177D-4919-99FE-7FD21F0C1586.jpeg

8A013E00-7E90-40DC-96C3-582B9D01CDC6.jpeg

DA42C9DD-2F53-4813-9ED4-BBA6EE7EAECB.jpeg

CF98755C-03C4-418D-A01B-8F8953BC37FC.jpeg

Very unique look! Says mall cruiser, then the suspension offsets that. I love that you are doing what you want!

I like the first set of wheels, but at long as you like the look, that’s all that matters. Love the wrap!

The first set of wheels are a great off roader look and very rugged looking. The second set are really nice too, what are they? I like the chrome.

When you mentioned you were going with different wheels, I was expecting steelies. I do love the wrap and ran across this thread cause I am looking to do it myself and still deciding on colours.

I am trying to figure how material I need for my 570 and I was wondering if you can tell me how much was used for yours

Can you tell us about your wrap details? I am looking at a 3M 1080 wrap at the moment but am undecided. Wanting to get some feedback on the kind you got.

Just remember you have to take good care of a wrapped truck. Both my Tundra and LC are wrapped matte black. Tundra wrap is a few years old. I park it outside and I never wash it. Wrap stains pretty easy. Now it looks like s***. Just wash the truck regularly and you should be fine.

Can you tell us about your wrap details? I am looking at a 3M 1080 wrap at the moment but am undecided. Wanting to get some feedback on the kind you got.

I'm about to do a 3M 1080 Satin Wrap on my 2009 Land Cruiser. Still planning the details including certain parts that really can't be wrapped well (ex. grill, emblems, etc.) and possibly painting them. I'll be sure to post pics but I'm at least 6 weeks away from getting this done.

Just remember you have to take good care of a wrapped truck. Both my Tundra and LC are wrapped matte black. Tundra wrap is a few years old. I park it outside and I never wash it. Wrap stains pretty easy. Now it looks like s***. Just wash the truck regularly and you should be fine.

I was recommended to avoid Matte wraps even though they look great. Apparently they're harder to keep clean and looking good. On the Gloss - Satin - Matte scale my custom shop recommended going with a Satin color which I'm planning to do.

I was recommended to avoid Matte wraps even though they look great. Apparently they're harder to keep clean and looking good. On the Gloss - Satin - Matte scale my custom shop recommended going with a Satin color which I'm planning to do.

I did my hood and roof when my upward facing paint started to fail. I like it...but if I had it to do over, I’d do satin. Matte is fine, but seems prone to showing imperfections.

For me...it’s not even a tiny blip on my radar of things I worry about...but I do think satin would be easier to take care of. Again...not a big deal, but I can see how it might matter more if not just my hood/roof.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question: Is the green the wrap? I.e. the entire bodywork?

If so, what is the advantage of that over paint? I should think you could get the entire truck painted for $5K or so.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question: Is the green the wrap? I.e. the entire bodywork?

If so, what is the advantage of that over paint? I should think you could get the entire truck painted for $5K or so.

Full paint job on the 200 would be 2-3x that amount.

Another advantage is vinyl’s resilience to pin striping. There is a wrapped Tacoma running around town that has the 3M 1080 vinyl. I’ve seen it after a weekend of wheeling, and it looked gnarly. A week later, there was still a couple of the bigger stripes remaining, but they were lighter and most of the striping was gone. I was quoted $2800 for a complete wrap on the 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom