Advice and tips putting ARB on My 2000 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have done a search on both this forum and Google re: ARB front bumper install. The only video I could find was a 3 part series that lasted <30 seconds.:rofl:

What are your top tips and tricks for a successful install? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Have a friend, these things weigh a ton. Mount it with the Hitch, if I remember correctly, we had to take it off to mount the Warn unit.

Have a friend, these things weigh a ton. Mount it with the Hitch, if I remember correctly, we had to take it off to mount the Warn unit.

Thanks. I will have a friend to help me. No winch on the initial install, anything to consider there?

I just did this this weekend. It’s pretty straight forward. No drilling required. You have to bend back some sheet metal so the bumper will fit. But it’s simple stuff. Nothing you can see once you are done.

Only tip is that it’s not clear which washers to use for what.

Thank you, I found this helpful.

I just did this this weekend. It’s pretty straight forward. No drilling required. You have to bend back some sheet metal so the bumper will fit. But it’s simple stuff. Nothing you can see once you are done.

Only tip is that it’s not clear which washers to use for what.

Thanks Octous, did you have to paint anything? Does the bumper come with any lights?

It should come with the marker lights/turn signals, fog light kit is optional (highly recommended).

The fog light kit is an ARB product, maybe available from those other vendors, but definitely from the ARB vendors here. If you search you'll find a few other custom options others have done.

The fog light kit is an ARB product, maybe available from those other vendors, but definitely from the ARB vendors here. If you search you'll find a few other custom options others have done.

Thank you.

Surgery has commenced
iphone 6s-20190131_63.jpg

Force multiplier removed.

iphone 6s-20190131_65.jpg

Amazing how little protection the old bumper affords.

iphone 6s-20190131_64.jpg

Direct-fit fog lights for the ARB: LED Fog with DRL Upgrade for ARB Deluxe Bullbar. Prices in AUD, so they're cheaper than they look.

Have them, like them a lot. They're a true fog light though, not an additional forward-facing off-road light. I don't use the DRL part, just tucked the wire for that function out of the way.

Thanks @ikarus - they were the ARB instructions that came with the bumper written by ARB. Useless. A third grader could write better instructions.

Direct-fit fog lights for the ARB: LED Fog with DRL Upgrade for ARB Deluxe Bullbar. Prices in AUD, so they're cheaper than they look.

Have them, like them a lot. They're a true fog light though, not an additional forward-facing off-road light. I don't use the DRL part, just tucked the wire for that function out of the way.

@saucebox - looking at this light kit and my bumper has me scratching my head. Do you have to cut a larger recess in the bumper? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom