Any local upholstery shops to recommend for foam and cover install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
I got an email from cruiser corps that my replacement front and rear seat covers for my 40 are being shipped today ( Ordered end of Oct when they were having a sale)
I need the seat foam redone and the upholstery installed.
Can anyone recommend a local shop that does good work?

I bought new foam and covers from SOR for the 45 and it wasn't difficult to install. I can give you a hand it you take this route.

Rankin Upholstery

In Gaithersburg. Very good reviews and gave me a very fair quote for my 62’s front seat. Haven’t done it yet though.

Rankin Upholstery

In Gaithersburg. Very good reviews and gave me a very fair quote for my 62’s front seat. Haven’t done it yet though.

What was the quote? If you don’t mind me asking?
I use to work at an Upholstery shop and thought about doing some side work.

What was the quote? If you don’t mind me asking?
I use to work at an Upholstery shop and thought about doing some side work.

“If your supplying the material it would be approx $300 to repad, repair the seat cover, and re-install.”

My seat has the typical 60 series split from sliding in and out. I was going to provide material (a good condition seat back) but not the foam.

I bought new foam and covers from SOR for the 45 and it wasn't difficult to install. I can give you a hand it you take this route.
I am still weighing my options and making some calls ( thank you everyone for the responses)
...you may regret offering to help.....

Just let me know. I don't recall it being a particularly hard job but that was about 7 years ago and I'm old and forgetful.

It’s not a hard job. New foam, slide new covers on, screw and hog ring them on. What year are the seats?

Last edited:
I had BZ Auto Upholstery replace the carpeting in my Avalon and they did a great job! They also had a nice E63 AMG they were doing upholstery work on, along with some other luxury cars parked out front which made me feel better. They are in Lorton

Real happy with their work and great price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom