99' LX 470 with 165K - good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here. I found a decent looking 99 Lx470 with 165K - dealer is asking $5900.

- Some bubbling of the paint on the rear door
- Timing belt replacement unknown
- Spent most of it's life in FL and VA

Is this a decent deal?

What other questions should I be asking? What else should I be thinking about?

I plan on it being my daily driver here in the mountains of western N. Carolina.

Newbie here. I found a decent looking 99 Lx470 with 165K - dealer is asking $5900.

- Some bubbling of the paint on the rear door
- Timing belt replacement unknown
- Spent most of it's life in FL and VA

Is this a decent deal?

What other questions should I be asking? What else should I be thinking about?

I plan on it being my daily driver here in the mountains of western N. Carolina.

Gotta get pics of the undercarriage and status of ahc. You also have to know going in that your gonna have to to timing belt and related parts along with all fluids if you want to get it caught up. But if undercarriage is good it could be a good deal.

Do a real good job of having it checked out. Rust is your biggest enemy, followed by lack of maintenance, especially the AHC system. Timing belt is critical if it breaks, but not being done doesn't damage anything, as long as you replace it. Do a good job of checking it out on a road test, not just around the block. Make sure everything works. The AHC should raise and lower the rig without delay. The price seems tempting, but don't get fooled.

Awesome feedback guys. Thanks a lot. The AHC system seems to be the biggest concern/potential issue in this mileage range. The seller said he "thinks" the AHC works OK. His tone and hesitation were a red flag - the search continues.

I'm thinking this car is located in Glen Allen, VA if so I've seen it and it is very rough ... rusty ... and it's been on the lot for quite awhile ... it also spent time in the salt belt ... looks amazing in the photos but not so much in person ... good choice on the pass ... that said I texted back and forth with a seller of an 03 LC on facebook marketplace today that looks promising 206K with extensive maintenance on the Toyota owner's site. I'm going to pass because a second LC does not make sense for me right now but I'd check it out if you are close.

I'm thinking this car is located in Glen Allen, VA if so I've seen it and it is very rough ... rusty ... and it's been on the lot for quite awhile ... it also spent time in the salt belt ... looks amazing in the photos but not so much in person ... good choice on the pass ... that said I texted back and forth with a seller of an 03 LC on facebook marketplace today that looks promising 206K with extensive maintenance on the Toyota owner's site. I'm going to pass because a second LC does not make sense for me right now but I'd check it out if you are close.
Link to the LC on marketplace?

lol I know, clueless, the poster is listing it for someone else, I ended up texting with the owner, timing belt and water pump were done at 153K, the service advisor told the seller it was done around 100K :( ... the seller does not really have a good handle on the condition of the vehicle and it is difficult to tell by the pics posted, I was trying to get the seller to send me underbody pics but the seller didn't seem comfortable attempting to take pictures under the car... the first 37K were in the salt belt and the seller did say she (I assume) had rust "welded" behind a wheel well under the car ... there must be surface rust otherwise but my impression is that it is in much better condition and much more maintained than the one in Glen Allen ... I tried to get the seller to understand that 50%+ of the car's value was condition and maintenance however I think the seller does not really understand the terms condition and maintenance ... in any event it is a dealer maintained vehicle with some rust but at 7500 seems like a deal from where I'm sitting ... she did say she had had offers (I assume site unseen) for 6500-7000 and did seem to be in a hurry to sell.

In your a wheeler and plan on a lift don't be afraid of the AHC. I got a killer deal on my 00 LX that bounced around the highway until my parts came in.
My friends called it the bounce house for a while.

!!!!!!!..LIFT IT...!!!!!

20190120_090057.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom