60 series grille (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
just built this 2 piece with light cutouts. Looks nice.

31BC3AB1-9E50-4216-A54B-98C6DCC62D6C.jpeg
37E28C9C-A7B4-4A6F-B26D-17470017EB14.jpeg

Nice! If someone wanted to retain a more stock look, would it be possible mount to the grille insert behind the frame and weld rather than bolt in?

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see that mounted up!

Nice! If someone wanted to retain a more stock look, would it be possible mount to the grille insert behind the frame and weld rather than bolt in?
That won’t work, however I can build it without the bolt on panel so that it is just smooth across the front. It’s what I call my 1 piece grille.

Looks very nice. I had been thinking about laser cutting a grill. You seem to have done a great job of it.

I just installed my 100 series grill and headlight buckets and can't say enough great things about @kelly saad or his work.

I'll be buying a 60 grill for my Dingo build.

J
Wow, thanks! That is a big complement and I appreciate it.

I didn’t read anywhere but were you planning on trying to do the headlight surrounds?
I am seriously considering making the headlight housings for the 60 and 62. I have had several guys interested and asking. Just don't want to waste my time on it, as I am starting headlight housings for the 100 series LX 470. And that is going to be tough.

Can you guys tell me what exactly is wanted for the headlights on the 60? It already had 7" rounds, what would I do other than build a front bezel that is steel? I will be building 7" conversion headlight housings for the 62, but is there any reason I should do that on the 60? That sounded like a really dumb question.

Can you guys tell me what exactly is wanted for the headlights on the 60? It already had 7" rounds, what would I do other than build a front bezel that is steel? I will be building 7" conversion headlight housings for the 62, but is there any reason I should do that on the 60? That sounded like a really dumb question.

The headlight bezel mounting tabs are brittle and most are held on by only a couple fasteners instead of 4. The chrome plating is peeling and is a PITA to strip, etch and paint. Even then they start peeling again. I had about 20 sets that I threw away before the move that were cracked, scratched, rock chipped and missing one or all tabs.

It is WAY down on my machining list, but I would CNC mill them eventually if no one else does it first.

J

The headlight bezel mounting tabs are brittle and most are held on by only a couple fasteners instead of 4. The chrome plating is peeling and is a PITA to strip, etch and paint. Even then they start peeling again. I had about 20 sets that I threw away before the move that were cracked, scratched, rock chipped and missing one or all tabs.

It is WAY down on my machining list, but I would CNC mill them eventually if no one else does it first.

J
Got it. That is what I thought. CNC would be way better than how I would do it.

If I tried to build them, it would be just like everything else I build. 12 gauge steel, bent and formed to fit. Then I would make two sections that go on both sided of the headlight that would mimic the original bezel. They look like half moons with flat outer sides. And these would be bolted on with spacers like my 2 piece grilles. Even then, my version might resemble :poop: or maybe :poop::poop:
No other way for me to do it unless you want them made out of wood:rimshot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom