CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep! That's me! Big, red, drivers window doesn't like to go down, or up, so I can't really park in the garage. It's also too tall to go above the first floor.
I just started there on Wednesday. Crazy, giant darn place to get around.
My commute is now so much better than going to Chantilly.

Looks like a new chemo schedule is about to start for the old man. That means my "finally going home for a while" plans have changed. I should be able to make the Tech Day but not the Electric Day now. BUT...the change up is NOT due to bad news, so I've got that going for me!

@Jakes40 I'll bring the large hat, and you can have my old oil if you drain it and refill it with new on the gravel lot!
@iptman Bring the rims if you come out?

@Jakes40 I'll bring the large hat, and you can have my old oil if you drain it and refill it with new on the gravel lot!

That would mean I’d have to work at a tech day!

A group of us were discussing the costs associated with ARB versus the harrop elocker. One difference being the compressor.

A group of us were discussing the costs associated with ARB versus the harrop elocker. One difference being the compressor.

While I do not have any personal experience owning a truck with air lockers, I have spent a lot of wasted time in parking lots, and on the trail, while someone was trying to fix a broken, or leaking, line...

While I do not have any personal experience owning a truck with air lockers, I have spent a lot of wasted time in parking lots, and on the trail, while someone was trying to fix a broken, or leaking, line...
Meh, properly installed and maintained air lockers work fine. I have yet to break a line.
My one issue was a a pressure regulator switch.
How are your OEM lockers working right now @Crusha ?
ARB lockers are still the best selectable locker on the market, IMHO.
I would bet that just about every Ultra4 racer runs ARBs, which is a very special endorsement.

I would have to say @Crusha ELocker didn’t fail because they suck they failed because of lack of Love! Lack of maintenance will make any locker work poorly. But I will agree ARB’s are the way to go for selectable lockers.

And I’m not trying to throw Crap! I know all about lack of Love put into my rig!

they failed because of lack of Love

Preach!

Luckily, the 80 can withstand my neglect.

My axles will be getting some serious love very shortly, which will include repairing, or replacing, both locker actuators.

Any chance at a full fluid swap. Diffs, trans, TC, and engine.? Oil pump seal lesson would be great too......:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom