Best GX 460 floor liners ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a 2015 GX 460 (white w/black interior ) and need to put some floor liners in it . Long time Toyota owner here (15 Tundra owner as well ) I have weather tech in the Tundra and most folks on Tundras.com prefer the Husky brand (more coverage ) . I will be on here with more questions I am sure .
thanks in advance !

S

Last edited:
I have used Husky in both of my GX 460s and now in our Land Cruiser 200 as well. I have been impressed with the quality, fit and durability. They seem to have less long-term issues such as heat warping in comparison to the WeatherTechs, and the feedback I have received about WeatherTech is that warranty claims are not easy with them. Just my $0.02.

I've got Husky in my 460 and they are far superior to the WT's. I've had several sets of the WT's and they always curl.

:princess: Was asking me about a cargo liner this week, now I know where to look :beer:

I too am interested in some good floor liners. I purchased WeatherTech's best for my wife's Taco and they seek great. But haven't had them long enough to see any curling or any other issues. We've had them about 3 months now.
I looked at the Husky floor mats but they only come in Black! What's up with that?? :meh: My GX460 is white on tan...

I got my husky liners on eBay for our 13gx. eBay does 15-20% off sales so I picked up a set of 4 for like $110-120 with free shipping!

If you want something that looks more like a floor mat (not rubber looking) take a look at these Kagu liners
3D MAXpider® | Kagu Liners & Classic Mats for Cars, Trucks, SUVs

But if you want something to capture mud and dirt very well, I'd go with Husky X-act contour.

We have the 3d-maxpider in our current2013 and had them in a '13 4runner. They have great fit and good coverage for liquid. I've had the huskies in a Tacoma. I like them both for 2 different reasons. Husky is more rugged looking...While the 3d gives coverage while not looking quite as industrial.

Last edited:
got the Husky in today and love them ! I may go with the Lexus 2 piece cargo liner any thoughts on best cargo liner ?
thanks for the help .

Bumping this, hopeful for some advice.

I've had WeatherTech in my previous 4-5 cars and wouldn't have even considered anything else for our '13 GX, but have both read that Husky Liners fit better (in the passenger footwell) and aren't going to curl as the WTs eventually do. The plus of the WTs for me is they come in Cocoa (to match the carpet) as I am anal about things like that.

Has anyone swapped from WT to Husky in their 460 and happy they did. Anyone go the other way and happier?

Thanks!

Bumping this, hopeful for some advice.

I've had WeatherTech in my previous 4-5 cars and wouldn't have even considered anything else for our '13 GX, but have both read that Husky Liners fit better (in the passenger footwell) and aren't going to curl as the WTs eventually do. The plus of the WTs for me is they come in Cocoa (to match the carpet) as I am anal about things like that.

Has anyone swapped from WT to Husky in their 460 and happy they did. Anyone go the other way and happier?

Thanks!
My suggestion is above but I haven’t had any issues with my Huskies! I got them through an authorized seller on eBay when eBay had a sale and they have been great! Lifetime warranty too!

I just recently purchased the WT's for my 2013 GX tan interior carpet (2 months ago?). What I like about them so far is that I am able to take my stock carpet mats and hook them onto the floor hooks over the WeatherTech mats. Yes the factory floor hooks are long enough to hook both the WT's and stock carpet mats. This allows me to keep the WT's in all the time AND also have my soft fuzzy stock carpet mats on top for that nicer up scale feel. When it gets messy, as it did on my trip to South Lake Tahoe doing some muddy off-roading, I just take out my nice fuzzy stock carpet mats, toss them in the back and my wife and I were good to go with our extremely muddy feet on the WT's. When I get home (we're still up here) I just need to pull out the WT's, hose them off and let them dry, drop them in and put my stock carpet mats on top again!

Also, at least for the tan GX interiors, the color is so close one would hardly notice there being plastic floor mats under the factory carpet mats. They really blend in!

Really do love them... so far.
I purchased a set for my wife's Taco 4x4 about mid 2018. She/we do a lot of surfing, constant sand and saltwater drippings in her truck. Both purchases are our first so I can't say how they hold up in the long haul, but so far we've been very pleased.

If you want something that looks more like a floor mat (not rubber looking) take a look at these Kagu liners
3D MAXpider® | Kagu Liners & Classic Mats for Cars, Trucks, SUVs

But if you want something to capture mud and dirt very well, I'd go with Husky X-act contour.

We have the 3d-maxpider in our current2013 and had them in a '13 4runner. They have great fit and good coverage for liquid. I've had the huskies in a Tacoma. I like them both for 2 different reasons. Husky is more rugged looking...While the 3d gives coverage while not looking quite as industrial.

Got any pics of these you could share? I’m curious what they look like in the GX

+1 more for Husky.

My Huskys will arrive today. Have them in my Accord and they are hands down much better than the WeatherTechs in my 4Runner. The WeatherTechs over time developed a sticky residue that I cannot get rid of for the life of my.

I used a heat gun on an old set of WTs and they fell back into shape. Still haven’t made a decision on what to do. Wish the Husky’s came on Cocoa

I used a heat gun on an old set of WTs and they fell back into shape. Still haven’t made a decision on what to do. Wish the Husky’s came on Cocoa

Agreed, I would have liked them in tan to match the Ecru interior but black was all they had so I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger.

Good call on the Husky liners! I have all three rows of them in both my 80 series and GX. I've had the 80 for 10 years now and have no complaints about them. I've only had the GX for about 1 year, but they've been great. I went with the Husky cargo liner over the OEM one because I rarely use the third row in the GX.

:beer:

One thing I'll add about the Weathertech cargo mat for the 2010+ GX460 - it's a one size fits all application for all trim levels. So if you have the base package like me, the liner doesn't actually fit properly in the back and will slide around - a lot. There's a decent sized gap on the right size of the cargo floor. I'm not sure if the other GX package(s) with the ML stereo are the same, but you'll have better fit if you have the stereo package upgrade with the bigger "bump" on the right side of the cargo area. I have no idea if this same issue exists with Husky.

One thing I'll add about the Weathertech cargo mat for the 2010+ GX460 - it's a one size fits all application for all trim levels. So if you have the base package like me, the liner doesn't actually fit properly in the back and will slide around - a lot. There's a decent sized gap on the right size of the cargo floor. I'm not sure if the other GX package(s) with the ML stereo are the same, but you'll have better fit if you have the stereo package upgrade with the bigger "bump" on the right side of the cargo area. I have no idea if this same issue exists with Husky.
Any experience with the OEM mat and whether it’s package specific?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom