Anyone interested in trading grilles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This isn’t a for sale post so I think it is okay here. Also, this is a long shot.

Does anyone have a 10-13 with an F sport grille for sale or trade? I am thinking about getting one and mounting some lights behind it for a clean look.

You can pick one up new from ebay $122 shipped. It comes with a new L badge as well.

This isn’t a for sale post so I think it is okay here. Also, this is a long shot.

Does anyone have a 10-13 with an F sport grille for sale or trade? I am thinking about getting one and mounting some lights behind it for a clean look.

Dang Mic you got my hopes up. Yeah I will probably go this route. It’s 12 degrees outside right now so I was just planning for spring time. Thank you!

I hear ya. The install is pretty easy, I took the time to "dechrome" the surround while it was off. That's the only part you reuse from the old grille, that and the hardware.

Here's my before/after -

full

Good luck!

I hear ya. The install is pretty easy, I took the time to "dechrome" the surround while it was off. That's the only part you reuse from the old grille, that and the hardware.

Here's my before/after -

full

Good luck!
What did you use? Ours is white and I saw a white F sport and didn’t mind the chrome as much. On a darker GX it would have to go.

Here's my before/after -

full

Good luck!

Looks good, I just painted/wrapped my stock grill but the insert looks clean. Do you have any full pictures of your rig? Deciding between an SSO and Prinsu rack and sounds like you may have the Prinsu.

Thanks,
Jason

What did you use? Ours is white and I saw a white F sport and didn’t mind the chrome as much. On a darker GX it would have to go.

I used plastidip - lots of coats - looks great & hold up in my experience. Using 3m wrap in other areas that don't have that many tight curves. Chrome and white should look fine, I'm just going for a dechromed look. "Chrome don't get you home".

I used plastidip - lots of coats - looks great & hold up in my experience. Using 3m wrap in other areas that don't have that many tight curves. Chrome and white should look fine, I'm just going for a dechromed look. "Chrome don't get you home".
Yeah I’ve never used plasti dip and would be afraid that I would do a bad job.

Looks good, I just painted/wrapped my stock grill but the insert looks clean. Do you have any full pictures of your rig? Deciding between an SSO and Prinsu rack and sounds like you may have the Prinsu.

Thanks,
Jason

Hey Jason, Yes I wen't with the Prinsu. I'd probably go for the SSO - I've seen them both now and while Prinsu is a great (local to me) company - the instructions and support is lacking. I dig the SSO integrated lighting on the rear side. Either look & function great. No pics yet but will be doing a build thread soon.

Yeah I’ve never used plasti dip and would be afraid that I would do a bad job.

What's nice about plastidip is you can undo it pretty easily. It's all about prepping the surface - make sure it's clean. And then do several light coats. Temp is important also, don't do it outside in the Ohio winter ;)

What's nice about plastidip is you can undo it pretty easily. It's all about prepping the surface - make sure it's clean. And then do several light coats. Temp is important also, don't do it outside in the Ohio winter ;)
Haha Ohio is bipolar with the temps. Three weekends ago it was 70 degrees. Yesterday it was -16 on my way to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom