Events/Trails Club Meeting - Breakfast at Daily Grind Sat Jan 19th 9 am (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Club Meeting

• Yes - will be attending

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Maybe - will let you know

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No - will not be attending

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let's have breakfast at The Daily Grind on the 19th at 9 am. I'm able to attend this one.

Daily Grind: 4360 Cutler Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110

*NOTE: We will be parking on the north east corner of the lot near the Daily Grind. There is a large, flat dirt/gravel pad where we can circle the wagons. This will enable some truck talk before/after we have breakfast.

Chime up if you would like to add to the agenda.

Potential Topics
  • Ouray dates
  • Lunar eclipse - Join us at the Puerco firepit Sunday night
Larry

Last edited:
Hi All,
My name is Stephen and I will be purchasing a JDM 1993 Toyota Townace van, automatic transmission, 4wd w/ hi-lo range, manual locking hubs, and limited slip differential, at the end of January. Would this qualify me to become a member of High Desert Cruisers, and if so, how do I become a member?

Hi All,
My name is Stephen and I will be purchasing a JDM 1993 Toyota Townace van, automatic transmission, 4wd w/ hi-lo range, manual locking hubs, and limited slip differential, at the end of January. Would this qualify me to become a member of High Desert Cruisers, and if so, how do I become a member?

Heck ya, but only as long as you come to at least one of our meetings and allow us to kick the tires. Actually, I think we have members that are currently Toyota-less. We will take anybody as long as you love anything Toyota with a transfer case.

Thanks, I think that is doable. I am planning on coming to the meeting January 19th to find out what you do, sans the van as I won’t have it yet, but I’ll bring it to a subsequent meeting. Looking forward to it!

If the weather is good and girlfriend has nothing planned, I hope to make this one

We won't be attending the Jan meeting due to being out of town but plan on the Jan Gathering in Santa Fe and the Robledo Gathering as well as the February club meeting.

I will probably make breakfast, but will not stay very long. I am taking HAM radio license test at noon. Local HAM club offers it once a month after their monthly meeting. I gotta continue to cram info into my old brain right until the test. So, a hearty breakfast would help.:bang:

I will probably make breakfast, but will not stay very long. I am taking HAM radio license test at noon. Local HAM club offers it once a month after their monthly meeting. I gotta continue to cram info into my old brain right until the test. So, a hearty breakfast would help.:bang:

Do you have to be a member of their club to take the test? I bought a couple of radios and my boy and I are wanting to get the license

Go to High Desert Amateur Radio Club website. There is info about testing. and all their activities.
There is a contact person that is in charge of testing. You would need to notify him that you want to take a test. $15.00 cash per test. Must pass 25 out of 35 test questions. given once a month.
I found an app for my phone that has all the questions of the test. Good study and practice tests.
Got off topic for this breakfast thread, but feed your tummy, feed your head, etc

Last edited:

One of the guys I took physics classes with in college use to do a shot (or two) of vodka before every test. Straight "A"s. I kid you not. Not making any inferences or implications regarding any sort of test prep here. Just relaying an anecdote. Good luck.

See all ya'll at breakfast.

Sorry for derailing. I will be there unless we get a good storm this week. All this snow has made a lot of work around here.

Hi All,
I can't wait to get a look at that.

good luck, and don't over-think it, most of the questions were common sense. I think I studied a printout of the past questions for about 1-2 hours the night before.

Mal, the diapered tyrant and I will be there.

Mauser, I got us talking about HAM Radio testing. I bet you have seen more snow this year, than in the last few years.

I will pass on the vodka shots on test day. I just read the Question/Answer and repeat, until it is one statement. Most of the subject is new knowledge for me, so I have needed much more studying, but I am feeling confident. Besides, I already got a mobile unit installed, so I need to get this license.
Looking forward to breakfast.

Mauser, I got us talking about HAM Radio testing. I bet you have seen more snow this year, than in the last few years.

I will pass on the vodka shots on test day. I just read the Question/Answer and repeat, until it is one statement. Most of the subject is new knowledge for me, so I have needed much more studying, but I am feeling confident. Besides, I already got a mobile unit installed, so I need to get this license.
Looking forward to breakfast.

ARRL.org has a practice exam resource on their website. I found that to be very helpful.

Should be there...I'll bring a fridge for Poupon and some parts for Chompers if he's there

Should be there...I'll bring a fridge for Poupon and some parts for Chompers if he's there
I can't make this one, be off celebrating Dad's 80th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom