Redline Sand Blaster / or Harbor Freight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have experience with the Redline or Harbor Freight brand of floor standing sandblasters? I think this is the next purchase I need to make but would like some input from current users.

Thanks!

No experience with either. I picked up a used Econ-O-Line a number of years back. Put new gloves, seals, etc. on it. It came with the dust collector, which is a big plus.

Blaster.jpg

What size air compressor do you have? A blast cabinet is a greedy sob. Mine is fed by a 7.5hp IR 24 cfm compressor, and it will cycle on/off when doing extended blasting.

No experience with either. I picked up a used Econ-O-Line a number of years back. Put new gloves, seals, etc. on it. It came with the dust collector, which is a big plus.

View attachment 1876697

What size air compressor do you have? A blast cabinet is a greedy sob. Mine is fed by a 7.5hp IR 24 cfm compressor, and it will cycle on/off when doing extended blasting.
That's a nice looking unit. Have not heard of that brand before but I will look into them. Can I ask what model that is and what it cost you?

Thanks!

I've been using the HF 40lb (I think) in hard hobbyist use for at least 10 years. My only complaint (for the price) is that the gun was junk particularly the on/off valve for the air internal to the gun. Can't remember if I bought a new gun or what but haven't had to screw with it in years.

I did an awesome upgrade that would be good for any cabinet - I put under (kitchen) cabinet LED lights all over the upper interior. So nice to be able to see what's going on.

That's a nice looking unit. Have not heard of that brand before but I will look into them. Can I ask what model that is and what it cost you?

Thanks!
Econoline is a Michigan company based in Grand Haven.
Econoline - Built to Blast - Built to Last It's similar to the 42x24 unit (mine is obviously older). IIRC, I paid around $400 for it used. They are substantially more new. It was only used as a soda blaster in an envelope mfg plant (to clean glue rollers), prior to me getting it. I cleaned it all up, replaced the hoses, gloves, seals. Rattle can paint job. Rebuilt the dust collector, light, and added tempered glass to the window and light assembly (I still use replaceable plastic to protect the glass). I also tidied up the plumbing, added a regultor/dryer, and plumbed an additional air line inside to use with a blow gun to clean off parts. Lastly, I added a mobile base. I run aluminum oxide media for everything I've done. It takes over 100 pounds to fill the hopper.

Last edited:
Thanks Hack, for all the additional info. Very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom