For Sale 86 FJ60 in CO - ARB, TD Lift, H55, Pizza Cutters, Rust Free - 148k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am listing my 86 FJ60 for sale. I purchased this in March of 2017 from another Mudder.

Here is a list of what's been done in the past 5k miles. Wheels, tires, lift, sliders, alt and batt have about 2k on them. The rest of the mods were done the previous summer and have around 5k on them.
I can dig through the folder of receipts that go back 10 years and write those down also.

Previous Owner work @ around 142K-

-New H55 5 Speed and Clutch
-Rebuilt Transfer Case
-New Driveshaft U-Joints
-New Distributor Cap and Rotor
-New Plugs and Wires
-New Power Steering Pump
-Rebuilt Steering Box
-New 555 Tie Rods
-New Water Pump
-Entire Motor Re-Sealed, including new oil pan
-MAF Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Magnaflow tip
-New exterior lighting plastics with LED
-New Headlight Surrounds
-New radiator & hoses (thermo is solid even in the 100 degree heat we get here)
-New Windshield with New Seal
-New OEM rear view mirror
-New OEM Euro Side Mirrors
-4Runner Wiper Upgrade
-Non-ripped original drivers seat in storage, I use the torn one under the cover.
-Original carpet removed and steam cleaned, still in nice condition
-Non-cracked washer reservoir
-SOR Seat Covers
-SOR Rubber Cargo Mats

My Upgrades, completed between 145 and 146K:

-Full Desmog using MAF kit and Mud instructions, keeping HAC based on Mud thread
-MAF 2-piece Headers and Y-Pipe
-Intake manifold refinished with Hi-temp paint
-Jim C carb tuned for Desmog
-Roof rain gutters stripped and re-sealed with 3M self leveling seam sealer. No rust on the roof or gutters whatsoever, see album for pics.
-New front door speakers from Rockford Fosgate, I created custom MDF brackets so they fit inside the original speaker covers
-ARB Front bumper w/Superwinch
-ARB rear bumper with fresh powder coat
-New Trail Tailor step sliders w/ fresh powdercoat
-New 2" Tough Dog lift with extended sway bar drop link & bushings.
-Suspension & Slider related chassis/frame areas scotchbrighted with Simple Green and painted with Rustoleum. Not "pro" but it keeps the moisture away. I did this also to the rear & front frame where the bumpers were mounted. Still looks great a year later.
-5 Wheel Vintique 16x8" rims painted Satin Black with tractor enamel.
-5 New BF MT 255/85/R16 (works out to about 33.5"x10)
-New YotaTech spacers 1.5" rear / 1" front to improve look and for a bit wider stance.
-New Bosch Alternator
-New Optima Red Top battery
-Old school Toyota 5spd Shift Knob

In the last month I have completed the following:

-Oil change with Rotella 10w 30 and Purolator Blue Filter (every 5k)
-Roof rack and luggage rails removed, sanded, and painted (not fancy paint), and holes covered with 3M foil tape dots.
-Snake Blinders (rocker trim) removed and holes covered 3M foil tape dots.
-Wheel wells cleaned and professionally coated with Line-X (not autozone liner) - I have pics of the wheel wells before to show zero rust. They did an awesome job, and as a bonus it really suppressed a lot of the road noise from the tires.
-New ARB headlight harness, Hella E-Code housings, and Hella 80/100 Halogen Bulbs. These lights are amazing and ridiculous.
-Mudflaps removed and currently under restoration per the Mud forum mudflap restoration thread. These are NLA and hard to find, mine will look like new when done.

Extras:

-I also have an almost new set of Hakkapalita snow tires mounted on new Procomp 15" steelies. These are amazing in the snow (don't worry we do not use salt here). Plus this truck was not driven at all last winter, it sat in the garage. This winter it has seen snow less than 15 times.

-MAF Stainless Brake Lines still need installed. Brakes work great.

-Hi Lift Jack

Needs:
-New stereo head unit, was planning on installing a Bluetooth unit. Might still do this
-Knuckle rebuild, the right side is getting a bit weepy
-AC could use a re-charge
-Dash cover if you like, there are a few cracks.

Links to nearly 1 million pics:

First link has a few from the previous Mudder that owned it and did a lot of the work, my pics begin when you start seeing mountains.

The second link has detail pics I shot a couple weeks ago before I completed the roof, rocker trim removal, wheel well Line-X, and headlight upgrade.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MUG9tgaqK6FKM3uv7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6md6kdbTACop6rhJA

Price is $21.5, I also will consider trades of similarly built 80 or 100 series Cruisers. Thanks for looking.

* Call or text 414-704-3587
* email: mik_phil@yahoo.com

IMG_9666.JPG

IMG_9652 (1).jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice truck - GLWS

This guy has an amazing ride. Flying out Wednesday to pick up this sweet ride! Can’t wait! I’ve wanted one of these for 25 years. Scratch that off the bucket list!

You will love this 60!!
I still have a stash of parts to keep the Silver Fox running for years. Just give me a call.. 717-612-0619
Lots of new OEM parts that I have hoarded over the years.

You will love this 60!!
I still have a stash of parts to keep the Silver Fox running for years. Just give me a call.. 717-612-0619
Lots of new OEM parts that I have hoarded over the years.
you are the man! my boys and i are going to take great care of her. this has been a lifelong dream, thats coming true next week! STOKED!

you are the man! my boys and i are going to take great care of her. this has been a lifelong dream, thats coming true next week! STOKED!

Be sure to post in the FJ60 section and introduce yourself! Keep everyone up to date on your new ride.

Congratulations!

If I may say. If mike post for sale on here.... he’s the easiest guy to buy from! Straightforward, no nonsense, good ole handshake kind of guy. You’d be crazy to look elsewhere. Thanks again mike for making this a breeze. Can’t wait to pick her up on Wednesday sir.

If I may say. If mike post for sale on here.... he’s the easiest guy to buy from! Straightforward, no nonsense, good ole handshake kind of guy. You’d be crazy to look elsewhere. Thanks again mike for making this a breeze. Can’t wait to pick her up on Wednesday sir.

A great example of how to sell a cruiser. Glad it's going to a good home!:beer:

Well 16 hours of stop and go driving to get her home. Many red bulls and lots of coffee. She is quite the machine! She cruised 70-75 most of the way without fail. Exhausted today but couldn't be happier with the "Silver Fox", she's quite the cruiser.

Thanks Mike and John for an amazing restoration. She will make many good memories for me and my family. Will keep you guys posted along our journey.

Send any pics to bobbyanderin@gmail.com so I can keep her folder complete.

Well 16 hours of stop and go driving to get her home. Many red bulls and lots of coffee. She is quite the machine! She cruised 70-75 most of the way without fail. Exhausted today but couldn't be happier with the "Silver Fox", she's quite the cruiser.

Thanks Mike and John for an amazing restoration. She will make many good memories for me and my family. Will keep you guys posted along our journey.

Send any pics to bobbyanderin@gmail.com so I can keep her folder complete.

Congrats on a beautiful cruiser @EBBB ! I see that you're in Austin as well! You should bring it to the cruiser meet up happening at Pint House Pizza on South Lamar this Saturday!

I’ll be there. Red 62.

Galen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom