Truck Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to have a ladder or bed rack installed on my 78 HJ45. It is for balling canoe and paddle boards. I have had zero luck finding any pre fab ones that will fit. I am guessing this is a custom pre fab. Anyone have experience or advice. Thank you.

Just go to a weld shop or someone with a tube bender and I’ll bet they can make you something up pretty quick and cool for not a ton of money I know if you were close I could do it.

Pickup. Thanks for the advice. I really do not want something that is super duty and I would also like to remove it. A side ladder rack would be great.

Delated the Link (political reasons) after I have read his profile.

On which island do you live ?
We visited
first Hawaiʻi second Maui third Oʻahu
....nice part of the globe you live....drove convertibles :)

Last edited:
10DF2E69-AAE0-4A14-8F3E-D3224C0FBBFB.jpeg

Delated the Link (political reasons) after I have read his profile.

On which island do you live ?
We visited
....nice part of the globe you live....drove convertibles :)

The idea to build an "own thing" isn´t too bad.
What would I do... would design my own rack and personalize the 45.
Have seen some good wooden constructions in Costa Rica ...love that design.
They used teak wood...last forever & can´t rust.

Make your own 45 Woody Hawaiian Style.....
b64037106d71bdaf05cf80751d170e59.jpg

Wavecrest_2018_-_Jack_Boyle_Pix_30__928399696.JPG

Wavecrest 2018 - pic by Jack Boyle

.......Aloha :)

Last edited:
Wngrog
That is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like you just installed it backwards. Looks pretty solid from your pics. I do have a headache rack so this would do great thank you.

Just go to a weld shop or someone with a tube bender and I’ll bet they can make you something up pretty quick and cool for not a ton of money I know if you were close I could do it.

This.

I knew I got seriously lucky when @Owyhee Jackass decided to let his custom 45 rack go for a hundy 14 years ago. I spent less than an hour adding my hi-lift and spare tire mounts to it. Later I added a mount for a CO2 bottle. And then I tabbed a rear basket and a side awning as well.

That’s the nice part about having a full rack: it’s an empty canvas waiting for your imagination.

We visited
....nice part of the globe ....drove convertibles :)
Maui the island we loved most. Road to Hana mile by mile...
..........................Mile marker 45
wailua-falls-map.jpg

46109501.jpg
Hana Highway bridge

Hana Hwy, Maui County | Mapio.net

After Hana, the Hana Highway changes from Highway 360 to County Road 31, and the mile markers start counting down. At mile marker 45 south of Hana, beyond Hamoa Beach, is Wailua Falls. Wailua Falls is 95-feet high and is one of the most-photographed waterfalls in Hawaii. Parking is available on the left just beyond the falls, across the bridge. There is a short trail to a closer viewpoint of the falls, but it turns into slippery boulders near the end. The falls is so large that it is possible to get a number of outstanding photos by focusing on portions of the waterfall.
Hawaii's Road to Hana Mile by Mile

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom