What did you do on your 70 series today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So how do you clean those fenders underneath the battery trays? It's corroded the paint and dulled the fender with grime. Just wondering anyone if anyone has ideas on cleaning that while the engines out. I believe the front most tray is the OEM tray, and the back one was the add on tray.

underhood.jpg

If it was me, i would just take the trays out to clean under them.

That’s what I plan on, should have worded it better. What would you use to clean up the acid/corrosion?

I would use some 120g sandpaper or a wire wheel. Then some rust converter with a primer in it. Another light sand, then primer and top coat. A 2 part top coat (even if brushed on, being under the tray) is the most impervious to acids etc, although thousands of cars have single pack.

Rocking the "TV side" of the 70 I see.....:)

What does the current one fit?
To my knowledge it will fit all of the earlier 70 Series. It's identical to one that's on a BJ71 that's currently in the shop.

What was wrong with the "incorrect" brushbar?
It was incorrect. :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The current brushbar is for a "narrow nose" Cruiser and didn't fit properly.

Installed a new washer bottle. Old one looked like it was going to turn to dust if I touched it...

New Washer Bottle.PNG
Old Washer Bottle.PNG

Also got a new battery hold-down bracket to replace the makeshift one that was on it when I got it.

20190110_170712.jpg
20190110_171719.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom