Found Exact Rattle can match to OEM pewter. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
20190108_004121.jpg
Some of you may know this already, and I have shared in the past on another thread.
But if you're looking for a rattle can, over the counter match to oem pewter, the color found on a ton of trim parts. This is the one. Look no further.
The picture is of an OEM mirror head that's been painted half way with this paint. I can't tell the difference from any angle or any light.
The paint is duplicolor stainless steel.
View attachment 1873517
20190108_004238.jpg

Last edited:
More pics in different light. Does a really good job of mimicking the metallic...
The key is to shake the hell out of the can...

20190108_004208.jpg
20190108_004157.jpg
20190108_004140.jpg

Great find. Can you give us the part number?
Thanks

Thanks, now I have something else to spend money on.

SS epoxy spray is also good ... they are close

If you are using it on exterior pieces they need to be coated ... doesn’t last all that well 24/7
Paint novice question: Are you referring to the SS epoxy that would need to be coated (clear coat I assume?) or the Duplicolor rattle can or both?

SS epoxy spray is also good ... they are close

If you are using it on exterior pieces they need to be coated ... doesn’t last all that well 24/7

Are you referring to the Rust-Oleum Appliance Epoxy in Stainless Steel color or some other brand paint in epoxy stainless steel?

Looks like Duplicolor SS100, under $8 a can at Advance Auto, for instance.

This is correct. That's where I purchased this can. $7.99

Really a superb match. I think JTO buys this and re-brands it at double the price.

@S4Cruiser

Through the years I have tried several different SS colors... seems they all either fad bad or chalk a bit depending on sun exposure and weather.

My interior pieces the last time i used rustolium ss appliance epoxy and its still good ... without coating... but its not outside in weather

exterior i used the same rustolium as well as the duplicolor and krylon... they all seem to do the chalking after long exposure to outside or it just kinds fades ... my last round i used a satin CC on top and it seems to be good combination for outside 24/7

I have the krylon w/cc on my front markers now... think any with a cc would be good

this was krylon this i sprayed over with the rustolium in the later picture
johnnyc%20dash.jpg

this was duplicolor:
IMG_2141.jpg

rustolium and what i have now:
IMG_4656 (1).jpg

@JohnnyC It's probably already been said, but it's good to have you back. Your knowledge, and willingness to share it have helped countless individuals, myself included here on Mud.

@Johnny C - thanks! I have had good luck with the Rust-Oleum appliance epoxy black color so I think I'll try the SS color and like you mention coat it with some clear.

Here's some specs:

Duplicolor SS100 11oz Aerosol Can

Application Humidity Level
Less than 60-70%

Application Temperature
Between 60°F (16°C) and 95°F (35°C)

Dry to Touch
30 Minutes

Handle In
1 Hour

Paint Type
Lacquer

Resists Temps up to 250 degrees F. (Okay for under hood applications)

6 Pack on Amazon 37 bucks ( I found 1 can goes along way)
https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-SS100-6-PK-Stainless-Automotive/dp/B00B36BZ0Y

That didnt last long...
:)

That didnt last long...
:)
Somebody at Amazon is trying to figure out what just happened! LOL! Cases of this stuff being ordered all over the country within hours of each other?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom