GPS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
Off Road GPS

What do you use & how do you Like it ?

I use an older Ipad with a couple different map apps. They don['t need a cell signal, have built in GPS, no phone needed, etc.

Resolution is outstanding, tons of maps, in fact, I have the entire Western US loaded, in several forms, and could likely load the entire US! Mine is a 64gb.

Your results may vary...

P1090653.JPG
P1100255.JPG

There is another thread - titled communication and navigation - where you will find lots of info on this topic. There's also an extensive amount on expedition portal.

I just use a Garmin I got on CL for $40. Shows the actual trails when off road and no downloading or cell signal required.

I just use a Garmin I got on CL for $40. Shows the actual trails when off road and no downloading or cell signal required.

Which model did you get?

I have an iPad mount and I run Gaia on it. I also use it for Bluetooth streaming music and since it has a cell radio, I use it for navigation around town as well.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 running Gaia GPS

samsung-galaxy-tablet-s2-4-jpg.1868072

I think thats more than gaia. That looks like a obd 2 display

I think thats more than gaia. That looks like a obd 2 display

No, that's not Gaia but Torque Pro. I run Gaia on it also via the tablet's GPS.

I gotta figure out how the heck that Gaia works. I have it for my tablet but have yet to play with it. I need to install my Ram mount for it.

Like @TonyP, I was most familiar with BCN for my previous trips. This last trip I decided to try Gaia. I was with another vehicle that also had Gaia but they had the premium membership. After looking at the views on his app vs. my basic membership, it was obvious I have to upgrade. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom