CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright, more stuff has been acquired.
I have:
4 tubes moly fortified grease
2 tubes red & tacky
4 cans brake cleaner
8 rolls shop towels
Marlin Crawler rebuild kit with new bearings.
Box of nitrile gloves
1 gallon of 80W90 gear oil. (I can do t-case & rear axle later)

Beer is next on the list, but nobody has made any requests.
Any IPA... Founders Allday is a solid choice, imho.

There is an orange sand flag at the bank of 4 mailboxes at the turn off Moore drive onto the private drive. The mailbox number coming from Prince William Parkway (294) is 10000 on the left side of the road, and there are 2 red reflectors on the post as well.
From 28, the mailbox number you'll see is 9990 on the right side.

211A0D72-7689-4480-8592-5B2172946A76.jpeg
0DA4073C-297C-4C70-9F86-B16257F81A07.jpeg
85625F71-4053-478E-A8C4-320FCB54A65A.jpeg
1E3479AB-B8CC-42BD-925E-A892FE38C732.jpeg

The weather could not have been better for a tech day. Thank you to all those who came out! We got some good work accomplished. Not least of all, a personal thank you to @1MOA for demonstrating the awesome cleaning power of his equipment on my 40.
Those of you looking to degrease your undercarriage, I highly recommend putting together a group deal with him.

See you all on Wednesday.

IMG_20181103_122212.jpg

IMG_20181103_122244.jpg

IMG_20181103_122306.jpg

IMG_20181103_122314.jpg

Was a productive day and learned much just by watching. It has been over 20 years since I worked on a Toyota,was good to get a bit dirty.
You did more than watch, don't sell yourself short. Like I said, you can work in my garage anytime.

Really awesome meeting all of you. Next tech day, if you are willing and able, I would like to get my lift put on. Thinking 1 afternoon there is a lot quicker than 5 nights after work in my garage...
If not we can all learn how to rebuild seat or window motors...

Thanks to Chris, Nick and Dave for taking on the rear badge for me.. Super appreciate that. Looks awesome. I owe you all some beers at the meeting Wednesday...

Several club members are planning some reasonably complicated electrical enhancements to their trucks. Since it is winter and way too cold to be in the garage doing mechanical stuff (Yeah right! It's January 1st and it's 60 degrees), would anyone be interested in a class on automotive electrical circuits and related stuff (volts & amps, lights & LEDs, switches, ignition coils, sensors, gauges, alternators & voltage regulators, relays & solenoids, grounding, wire gauge & fuses, dual batteries, crimping v soldering, etc.)? My auto electrical class with the Fairfax County Adult Continuing Education program was 21 hours (3 hours x 7 days including labs) we could do a condensed version in a day. Thoughts?

Several club members are planning some reasonably complicated electrical enhancements to their trucks. Since it is winter and way too cold to be in the garage doing mechanical stuff (Yeah right! It's January 1st and it's 60 degrees), would anyone be interested in a class on automotive electrical circuits and related stuff (volts & amps, lights & LEDs, switches, ignition coils, sensors, gauges, alternators & voltage regulators, relays & solenoids, grounding, wire gauge & fuses, dual batteries, crimping v soldering, etc.)? My auto electrical class with the Fairfax County Adult Continuing Education program was 21 hours (3 hours x 7 days including labs) we could do a condensed version in a day. Thoughts?
At least 100% yes! Also will this be BYOSI (bring your own soldering iron) ?

Last edited:
I’m so down for this. I took basics of electronics in high school and viewed many threads here but still afraid to hitch something.

A blue sea terminal block, new battery/ground wires, and wiring for onboard air are something I’m interested in doing. I’ve been looking at tools and supplies on Amazon and at West Marine.

Longer term is dual batteries and ham radio.

I'd love a refresher from a pro! Never stop learning.

YES! My father in law may be interested in attending. He lives in Charlottesville but is working on an MG and is at a stopping point due to wiring fright.
Ha! I completely rewired an MG once, then I bought myself a Spitfire and patched a lot of old issues. The big problem is how few circuits they have, so there are way too many areas for trouble per circuit.

I'd love a refresher from a pro! Never stop learning.

Ha! I completely rewired an MG once, then I bought myself a Spitfire and patched a lot of old issues. The big problem is how few circuits they have, so there are way too many areas for trouble per circuit.

I would attend. May refresh this old mans memory......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom