FJ60 Seatbelt Planet- Rear retractable seat belts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Hojack , did you get seatbelts? I bought a full set from SeatlbeltPlanet before this thread was started and am just installing them today. My 60 is 10/85 and had the top threaded nut already in the C pillar but not the lower. I used the supplied hardware and tacked the nut and washer to the body behind the panel. My rear belts came with a nice plastic cover that I removed to work with my setup but they would look great left on.

The new front reels look like they're supposed to be mounted inward like the OEM ones but the offset bracket from the OEM will beed to be reused (unless SBP is shipping the bracket now). The OEM bracket has enough material to drill out and bolt to the new reel and reuse the factory mounting point.

IMG_4128.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4134.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4140.jpeg

@Hojack , did you get seatbelts? I bought a full set from SeatlbeltPlanet before this thread was started and am just installing them today. My 60 is 10/85 and had the top threaded nut already in the C pillar but not the lower. I used the supplied hardware and tacked the nut and washer to the body behind the panel. My rear belts came with a nice plastic cover that I removed to work with my setup but they would look great left on.

The new front reels look like they're supposed to be mounted inward like the OEM ones but the offset bracket from the OEM will beed to be reused (unless SBP is shipping the bracket now). The OEM bracket has enough material to drill out and bolt to the new reel and reuse the factory mounting point.

View attachment 1865406

View attachment 1865407

View attachment 1865408

View attachment 1865409

View attachment 1865410
@FJ6T that looks awesome bro. I’ve been so caught up on the 4BT and SOA swap that this dropped to the bottom of the list. Now that it’s getting closer I’m going to do what you did. What belts did you order from Seatbelt Planet? Do you have a link.

I ordered over the phone from Steve Pekrul. I found the email from purchase but it didn't have part numbers. Heres the invoice though. You can reference it if you call them.

Invoice Number: 131943
Awesome your from Portland. I’d like to see your belt setup and come see my conversion.

Lets do it. Mine's a 5.3 conversion. Just getting it all put back together... just back from paint.
I had a 4bt swap going in an early bronco and sold the drivetrain to save for the R2.8.

I too am going to get to this and I have a 9/85 LC. I'm with you... I think I'm going to replace all 5 belts when I do this.

Not sure why but this is one of those mods that scares the snot out of me. Looked at @NookShneer build thread on this multiple times and I'm still intimidated by this.

Keeping my eye on this thread as well...

I ordered a full set of seatbelts from Seatbelt planet recently and decided to return them because the webbing is NOT a good match for the brown interior. To me it looked way too maroon/purple. I would do black belts because the color clashes too much. The mounting is also a concern as well as there is only one hole at the bottom. Instead of two like the OEM belts. Luckily I found a set of FJ62 OEM brown belts for my conversion. Here are some pics so you can see the retractor and the color of the webbing.

E9CCC0F7-D950-4232-8A79-DB10630DF473.jpeg

73F93615-21A5-453C-8CAE-4F999F5FD208.jpeg

363ED41A-9C77-44FB-89F7-9F187CBAEE05.jpeg

09DC335B-9C2E-45EF-AB60-C5FB016111EA.jpeg

60E1AB46-47E3-4160-928A-999997891CB9.jpeg

I too am going to get to this and I have a 9/85 LC. I'm with you... I think I'm going to replace all 5 belts when I do this.

Not sure why but this is one of those mods that scares the snot out of me. Looked at @NookShneer build thread on this multiple times and I'm still intimidated by this.

Keeping my eye on this thread as well...

Honestly wasn’t that bad. Full day for one side, 4 hours for the next. I had a threaded C-Pillar and count myself lucky for that.

I purchased 62 rear belts with stock trim, then sent them to seatbelt planet to get re-webbed this was definitely a costly way to go about it.

Not many are going to that effort for a stock looking truck. And honestly mine is anything but stock looking on the interior, so it comes up a bit of a waste in the long run. If you take a look at TLC’s rear seatbelt work they are also mounting the retractors externally.

70A40490-21A8-4D49-8513-FF0DA85F0238.jpeg
A0E1C7FF-97B9-44F3-A72B-9994D7319BB9.png

If I were to do it again, I’d take a look at using 80 series rear retractors.

51390C51-5E6A-495E-B023-49875492D74C.jpeg

Maybe figure out a way to place them under the quarter panel and incorporate a belt pass-thru like these.

F7F0C3D7-F2E7-4603-8203-9B1B94FABCA7.jpeg

I did my fronts this morning and have steel B pillar covers. The hardware touched just enough to make it need a little persuasion. I clearanced with a dimple die and it worked great. It could be foamed over later if I decide to cover them but I intend to powder coat and leave that finish. The factory plastics covers have a rise in the center and would have cleared no problem with the seatbeltplanet hardware.

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4155.jpeg

I ordered a full set of seatbelts from Seatbelt planet recently and decided to return them because the webbing is NOT a good match for the brown interior. To me it looked way too maroon/purple. I would do black belts because the color clashes too much. The mounting is also a concern as well as there is only one hole at the bottom. Instead of two like the OEM belts. Luckily I found a set of FJ62 OEM brown belts for my conversion. Here are some pics so you can see the retractor and the color of the webbing.

View attachment 1865793

View attachment 1865794

View attachment 1865795

View attachment 1865796

View attachment 1865797

I bought the black ones for the same reason. The colors hardly ever match up from vendor to vendor. The gray ones came in a nice blue-ish tone that didn't match at all.

They only have two brown colors and they both are not a good match for our trucks. If you can live with it cool, but I thought it clashed too much with the brown interior. Everyone has their preferences.

Anyone addressed the seatbelt warning light wire attached to the driver's side receiver? I pulled my old set apart and removed the wire but it wasn't connected to anything but if I recall correctly, it did function. It was just coiled up near the release button.

IMG_4164.jpeg

Anyone addressed the seatbelt warning light wire attached to the driver's side receiver? I pulled my old set apart and removed the wire but it wasn't connected to anything but if I recall correctly, it did function. It was just coiled up near the release button.

View attachment 1867792

Disregard that last post. After looking closer, the wires were broken off in the buckle and appear to just close a ground.

IMG_4165.jpeg

I did my fronts this morning and have steel B pillar covers. The hardware touched just enough to make it need a little persuasion. I clearanced with a dimple die and it worked great. It could be foamed over later if I decide to cover them but I intend to powder coat and leave that finish. The factory plastics covers have a rise in the center and would have cleared no problem with the seatbeltplanet hardware.

View attachment 1866847

View attachment 1866848

View attachment 1866849
Those Pillar covers look real nice!! Im also looking to upgrade my rear system to a 3 point. I see SBP has a couple of options for the rear belts. Which one did you order? Do you have an installed pic?

Those Pillar covers look real nice!! Im also looking to upgrade my rear system to a 3 point. I see SBP has a couple of options for the rear belts. Which one did you order? Do you have an installed pic?

I posted the invoice # earlier. It didnt have part numbers but SBP is super accomodating and will steer you to the best fit.

heres how they fit with the rear seatback just sitting in place

IMG_4170.jpeg

Honestly wasn’t that bad. Full day for one side, 4 hours for the next. I had a threaded C-Pillar and count myself lucky for that.

I purchased 62 rear belts with stock trim, then sent them to seatbelt planet to get re-webbed this was definitely a costly way to go about it.

Not many are going to that effort for a stock looking truck. And honestly mine is anything but stock looking on the interior, so it comes up a bit of a waste in the long run. If you take a look at TLC’s rear seatbelt work they are also mounting the retractors externally.

View attachment 1866397 View attachment 1866398

If I were to do it again, I’d take a look at using 80 series rear retractors.

View attachment 1866399

Maybe figure out a way to place them under the quarter panel and incorporate a belt pass-thru like these.

View attachment 1866400

@NookShneer , did this clip come with your belts or did you add it ?

70A40490-21A8-4D49-8513-FF0DA85F0238.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom