Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the better part of double that lift but if the differences are half of what I've noticed in a short period of time, yes worth the coin.

Edit - I don't know the geometry side well enough to know if it's linear or exponential in regards to benefit gained. If it's linear my comment stands, if it's exponential I'm not qualified to comment. I'm sure others are.

I have the better part of double that lift but if the differences are half of what I've noticed in a short period of time, yes worth the coin.

Edit - I don't know the geometry side well enough to know if it's linear or exponential in regards to benefit gained. If it's linear my comment stands, if it's exponential I'm not qualified to comment. I'm sure others are.

It’s probably more exponential than anything given the the arc that panhard swings as the suspension cycles. Only my rear right tyre rubs the rear outer corner of the wheel arch flare/body. I’m thinking that a bracket may push the axle far enough over towards the other side to give it clearance.

What springs do you have?

Previous owner fitted them. All I know is they’re yellow like the old man emu ones and they have airbags in them. I figured he wanted the softer rate spring for the daily duties and pumps up the bags for towing his caravan.

Not very helpful sorry

Last edited:
Previous owner fitted them. All I know is they’re yellow like the old man emu ones and they have airbags in them. I figured he wanted the softer rate spring for the daily duties and pumps up the bags for towing his caravan.

Not very helpful sorry

Can you get underneath and get the measurements talked about in the first post? That’ll 100% tell you if it’s worth it or not.

Good enough for me. Thanks. Now if the upper link bolt wasn’t conspiring with the coil to get me:

View attachment 1805127

Hey @MoJ

How'd you end up getting your bracket on? I had a little time yesterday and tried to install my bracket. I ended up having the same issue with getting the bolt around the spring with my Slinkys. I tried using the hi lift jack but the top of the Slinkys would expand so much that those bottom coils didn't want to move. I tried using a floor jack to compress the spring but couldn't move the coil enough either. I'm considering trying to find someone with a lift or just pulling the coil. Not sure which one is easier.

Hey @MoJ

How'd you end up getting your bracket on? I had a little time yesterday and tried to install my bracket. I ended up having the same issue with getting the bolt around the spring with my Slinkys. I tried using the hi lift jack but the top of the Slinkys would expand so much that those bottom coils didn't want to move. I tried using a floor jack to compress the spring but couldn't move the coil enough either. I'm considering trying to find someone with a lift or just pulling the coil. Not sure which one is easier.

Pulling the coil was the easiest solution for me.

Just wanted to add to this
My 96 cruiser has a 2" (ish) lift, 35's, heavy bumpers, swing out, drawer system... typical cruiser load out. On long trips if im doing over 70 mph, the sweeping turns, even lane changing could be scary. This got real bad after the part time kit.

I arrived at my sisters house yesterday after a 4hr trip. Sway completely gone. I was cruising at 80-85 the whole way. In the past I could do that only if I kept it real straight and I didn't have to change lanes.

All I can say is, this bracket rocks. Probably one one the best mods yet.
Good job guys.

Scott

Just wanted to add to this
My 96 cruiser has a 2" (ish) lift, 35's, heavy bumpers, swing out, drawer system... typical cruiser load out. On long trips if im doing over 70 mph, the sweeping turns, even lane changing could be scary. This got real bad after the part time kit.

I arrived at my sisters house yesterday after a 4hr trip. Sway completely gone. I was cruising at 80-85 the whole way. In the past I could do that only if I kept it real straight and I didn't have to change lanes.

All I can say is, this bracket rocks. Probably one one the best mods yet.
Good job guys.

Scott

Thanks for the kind words Scott. Glad you are feeling safer and happier with your rig now!

@Delta VS Another Data Point: 97FZJ80 with Slinky Intermediates and a 5” difference between axle and frame panhard mounts - I had to grind down the 3” bracket, it was touching the spring and interfering with alignment of bolt holes. Need to update the design with less of a spine.

FWIW - I have adjustable upper arms and they were set to level the pinion.

Last edited:
@Delta VS Another Data Point: 97FZJ80 with Slinky Intermediates and a 5” difference between axle and frame panhard mounts - I had to grind down the 3” bracket, it was touching the spring and interfering with alignment of bolt holes. Need to update the design with less of a spine.

Noted, thank you for the feedback! Are you happy with the ride post-install?

Noted, thank you for the feedback! Are you happy with the ride post-install?

Haven’t got that far yet, putting POR-15 on to repair powder coat then will finish install.

Looking forward to drive with drop bracket and radius arms! :clap:

Follow up review as the last review didn't contain any real offroad driving.

Just got back from a few days in Moab.

(Sorry Dave that I didn't reach out with plans and an invite, didn't think it would actually happen until last minute and as such there were no plans to share).

Anyway, after putting some good mileage on the bracket on Bull Canyon, Hell's Revenge, and Poison Spider I can report that I had zero issues and noticeable improvement in handling all around. I didn't notice any issues with new rubbing on flex. If anything articulation and traction seemed much better than I remember it last time I was in Moab. Also, hitting enormous wind gusts on much of the return trip I also felt the vehicle handled much better with those as well! All told the 1200 miles of pavement driving and however much dirt road/trail driving we did was all around more enjoyable.

Still super impressed and extremely happy with the purchase!

-Evan

Can you get underneath and get the measurements talked about in the first post? That’ll 100% tell you if it’s worth it or not.
I actually have not had time to. Kids man.... I have made this my new year’s resolution.

I installed the 3” PLB this weekend on my 96 LX. It definitely feels more sure footed in all conditions. The fit and finish of the bracket is high quality.

The panhard rod bolt looked pretty close to my DS spring (OME heavy) but I don’t have any signs of interference on the coil.

Definitely worth the time and $$$!

Or weld in $3 worth of .25wall square tube for a more precise fit. :)

9302D595-0B75-4401-BAF2-C715B0951AAE.jpeg

Delta's panhard riser is something 80 series has been needing for years. My old ~6"+ lifted 80 had 1-1/4" of side to side through its travel in the rear.:eek: You could push down on the rear bumper and feel the side shift:eek: I started wanting one 15 years ago but because I didnt have confidence to build one due to the what happens if it breaks as there is a lot of stress on the bracket with a 7000lb 80 series. Along come 2 design engineers with skills and software to design and run stress test so nothing catastrophic can or will happen. Im proud and comfortable to sell any product @Delta VS produces (and I do) knowing what has gone into the design. The results will be noticed on any 2.5" or more lifted 80 on the trail, a speed bump at the mall, or plowing into a turn at highway speeds. This should be a part of any lift kit IMO.

Delta's panhard riser is something 80 series has been needing for years. My old ~6"+ lifted 80 had 1-1/4" of side to side through its travel in the rear.:eek: You could push down on the rear bumper and feel the side shift:eek: I started wanting one 15 years ago but because I didnt have confidence to build one due to the what happens if it breaks as there is a lot of stress on the bracket with a 7000lb 80 series. Along come 2 design engineers with skills and software to design and run stress test so nothing catastrophic can or will happen. Im proud and comfortable to sell any product @Delta VS produces (and I do) knowing what has gone into the design. The results will be noticed on any 2.5" or more lifted 80 on the trail, a speed bump at the mall, or plowing into a turn at highway speeds. This should be a part of any lift kit IMO.

Thanks for the kind words Phil! Pretty stoked we got to meet at OE last year. As you know, we are working hard every day to bring more new, problem solving products to market.

Thanks for the kind words Phil! Pretty stoked we got to meet at OE last year. As you know, we are working hard every day to bring more new, problem solving products to market.

How’s the 100 series version coming along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom