Registry 60-series Registry (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'89 FJ62
Carlton
Hank the Tank named by my daughter
210,000 bought 1n 1999
Stock
daily driver and camping, canoe carrier
DSC_7125.jpg

1. 1990 FJ62 w/SBC 350
2. Brayden Hill
3. Cassandra
4. 250 on the body, 5k on the motor
5. OME lift, primer paint job, ARB touring rack modified for our CVT rooftop tent. Big ol' Wrangler Duratrac's. (33x12.5x15) Fresh Chevy TBI 350, so she rips!
6. She's my daily, and our weekend adventure mobile. This was our first time on dirt with her!

View attachment 1785987

I've seen your 62 on IG, similar route I want to go with mine. Which OME did you go with, heavy? Any plans for a front bumper/winch?

Those TRD wheels actually look pretty good on there.

Unfortunately I had to take them off as they required front spacers which started to fail.

I've seen your 62 on IG, similar route I want to go with mine. Which OME did you go with, heavy? Any plans for a front bumper/winch?
PO did Mediums, but I will most likely be adding a leaf to the rear. With the tent and all of our gear, she's heavy. I will be doing a bumper/winch eventually! Paint job and drawer system are higher on the to-do list, so we'll see.

So what are those wheels? They'd look great in polished lip/black centre combination!!
I don't actually know. They were on it when I bought it and even though I've looked, no markings. They are a little much for me and I think I'm going to go to something with less Kevlar and 2 or so inches more narrow.

I’m Jay Salinsky. Got SUPER lucky and found this gorgeous jewel ‘89 HJ61 just imported from Japan.
Has about 280,000 km (180,000 miles)
Haven’t named her yet- open to suggestions. (I usually give my vehicles obvious names based on color or function - so she’ll probably end up with a name like grey/gold something, or Landy)
She has a 2” lift I believe (need to put her on a lift and verify), badass wheels, 24/12 converter, non-stock steering wheel (will prob go back to stock), front rally IPF lights
Otherwise stock 12HT, PTO winch and THE cleanest interior I’ve ever seen. No tears in the seat, no dust under the dash! Truly a very pretty girl
Will update if I do any tasteful improvements
View attachment 1794920
Whjere did you find this jewel?

WOW that is some find with those miles. Any rust? best color combo ever for any series LC IMO.
Thanks Sam :) It’s my favorite color combo as well!! It has a couple small issues, lots of rock chips and door sings from 30 years but not too bad!! As far as rust, there is a small surface spot the size of my fingernail near the rain gutter I need to take care of but it’s not bad at all.

1985 FJ60
John Youngs
133,000 miles
All original
Lived in Pennsylvania in 2001, found this in Houston so I flew to TX and turned the drive home into a road trip. Stopped in Orlando to visit a college friend, met a girl, hit it off. Two years later to the day moved to Orlando, with the 60. Got married, had two kids, take them camping in it. Just part of the family, literally.

JEY_8099.JPG

1982 FJ60
Ed
Dude 82
Mostly stock, OME lift, 33" 10.5" KM2
Beach Cruising, mild wheeling, Fishing, Camping,
Been a work in progress for 3 years. Total cruiser rescue. Finally got him on the road.
Truck was from originally from Colorado. Driven to CT. It sat with a broken window for years so the truck was left for dead. Had to restore the entire interior. Has not been driven on pavement for 15 years. Lots left to do but happy to have him.
Fj60#2with bumper.jpg

FJ60 with bumper - Version 2.jpg

FJ60 interior#2.jpg

Outstanding effort , looks great.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom