FAQ Online Repair Manual Sources (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve got a 1989 BJ71 LHD with 13BT, cruiser parts has some manual but they are pricey. I would love anything you have that would apply to this truck.
Thanks

I found this after a bit of searching. You can choose the PDF/Epub link on top right and download it from there.
13BT engine manual.

TOYOTA REPAIR MANUALS

This has some chasis and a few other Toyota FSM's you can bet.
TOYOTA REPAIR MANUALS : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The great part is saving them on your phone or iPad to have a FSM anywhere you might need it.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a manual for my 1990 HZJ73? Can't find anything from searching this site, or google either.

Thanks

Here's an owners manual that covers the HZJ73
Dropbox - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Owners Manual (Covers 70, 73, 78, LJ, PZJ, KZJ).pdf

This is a chassis/body manual that covers FJ73 and BJ73 which would be basically the same chassis wise as your HZJ73.
Dropbox - Chassis & Body BJ73 copy.pdf

And here is a 1HZ manual, will probably get you most information.
http://www.trollholescruisers.com/Tech/Manuals/Engine/1990 1HD_1HZ_1PZ-T FSM.pdf

Between those 3, you should be covered.

Hello,

From the FSM:
  1. Front axle, shackle: 67 ft lb or 91 N m.
  2. Front axle, hanger: 17 ft lb or 24 N m.
  3. Rear axle, hanger: 90 ft lb or 123 N m.
  4. Front axle, shackle: 67 ft lb or 91 N m.
Hope this helps.

Juan

Juan,

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, could I get pictures of the FSM pages for Front / Rear leaf spring & shock installation and the sway bar installation? The guy at the Toyota dealer couldn't find the specs in their system (he's not really good at using their system... and the head mechanic isn't there today... it's annoying), and I can't find a digital copy of RM183E or RM184E anywhere online...

I found this manual from 1984-1990 Land Cruiser Heavy Duty (Pub Number 36262E) - but the torque specs are different than the ones you listed.
View attachment 1894153

Also, does anyone know if they're still in print? I'd love to pick up a hard copy.

Here is a pdf of RM183E: Dropbox - Chassis-Body_1990-01_RM183E copy.pdf

He
Juan,

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, could I get pictures of the FSM pages for Front / Rear leaf spring & shock installation and the sway bar installation? The guy at the Toyota dealer couldn't find the specs in their system (he's not really good at using their system... and the head mechanic isn't there today... it's annoying), and I can't find a digital copy of RM183E or RM184E anywhere online...

I found this manual from 1984-1990 Land Cruiser Heavy Duty (Pub Number 36262E) - but the torque specs are different than the ones you listed.

Also, does anyone know if they're still in print? I'd love to pick up a hard copy.

Hello,

The 1984 - 1990 manual is good but later models came with different engines (1PZ, 1FZ, 1HZ) and a different front axle, among other things. Hence the different values. The suspension is under a different load.

Printed copies show up every now and then on eBay Australia.

Let me know if you still need the pages.

Juan

A week ago I found a deal on the Chassis and Body RM183E on Ebay Australia for $28 US.
Received it today by Express Mail.... so the shipping price was justified.
Several weeks ago I purchased and received the Engine Repair Manual RM172E for the 1HZ, 1PZ and 1HD-T.
Received the Electrical Wiring Diagrams manual EWD168F yesterday; which was only $39.

They are available; just need to be persistent...

Last edited:
This is a Toyota document for 7* series made after 2007 explaining allowable modifications and reinforcement to chassis, body, brakes, fuel tanks etc. Its intended as a guide for motor body builders. Its also has the latest frame dimensions

Attachments

• BBGJ1004.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,447
These are not free but are between $6-8 for factory workshop manuals. Not sure what currency that is. They are searchable PDF files unlike a lot of the freebies and probably safer to download.
Nearly all the petrol/diesel engines, gearboxes found in Landcruisers are here

Not sure if you're asking me or Matt? I'm just looking for an owner's manual. FZJ75. It's a 1994 but I think anything from 92 or 93 through 99 would be the same.
I know its starting at 99, but here is the OM from Australia. Its the earliest years they have. Toyota Japan has always printed the manuals for "general" countries, so there wasn't a digital version made and sent to them for local printing until much more recent. Which means its up to someone to scan an upload it digitally. My point is that it makes sense that this doesn't go back further than '99 on their site. At least its in English!

All the manuals are at that link if you sign up. It's a subscription fee though, $16.95 for a one day membership, there you can download sections of the manuals one at a time. For my mongrel build, this might be beneficial for piecing together a manual of pertinent assemblies to my build.

LandCruiser 70 Series Service & Repair Manual (Jan 90 - Aug 14)

Last edited:
I was looking through this thread but couldn't find a link for a manual on a 1992 LJ78 land cruiser. Haven't been able to find any online. Was wondering if anyone knew where to find one.

It's a Japanese market only truck so you aren't going to find anything in English specifically for a LJ78.

LJ77's and LJ79's will be similar and went to Europe and other markets. So you can search for vehicle variants that way.

In the meantime, you can use this manual here for the chassis/body portion of your truck:

Hello @ all, awesome work and efford you have put into this thread. I just got my HZJ78, 2001. Cant find the repair manual (RM315M) nowhere... Doesnt matter if in English or German... It looks like this:
Manual.JPG

Any idea?
Manual.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom