What did you do on your 70 series today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tame, not OTT.
Think I'll remove a leaf or 2. I'll wait a few KM see how it settles on a full tank.
16x8. Neg 22 Alloys
285/75R16. K02.
Drove through the back roads quite comfortably.
Few more details, then rego here I come.

IMG_5988.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

You understands canuck reeeeal good, like.
And i loved the fried chicken. Next on the list, a fish fry.
On the technical side, i will report, with before and after pictures, on the LED lights in my forum, gimme two or three weeks.
I could fall for Georgia...

You understands canuck reeeeal good, like.
And i loved the fried chicken. Next on the list, a fish fry.
On the technical side, i will report, with before and after pictures, on the LED lights in my forum, gimme two or three weeks.
I could fall for Georgia...
Rock Bottom Seafood ...... 1/4 mile from the shop. :)

I cleaned them thoroughly and then painted them. No matter how much polishing I did it still didn’t look that great. Atleast with the paint it looks consistent. I can send you what paint I used.

Yeah that would be great, not sure If I'm going to do that but it's a nice option and looks great.

Made a video of the hood struts in action.....dialed in the poundage so it's got that smooooooth opening. Also went ahead and had a bunch of mounts cut out on a water jet...so we'll have plenty of them to make kits out of. I'm thinking maybe some assembled kits will go out next week. Kind of want to powdercoat the brackets first....make them nice.

Last edited:
Added LED light for interior lighting from odd iron off-road. Legit upgrade and one of my favorites so far. Simple to install and bright. The original was terrible.

C4286218-FF89-4087-B0A9-2782F974AEDA.jpeg

03B5770B-D2AF-49F8-AE0A-59247F7ABAF5.jpeg

C2F811EA-D254-4F84-A695-8B7D59B78460.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I fixed it......posting to Youtube and linking to it is just about at the edge of my capabilities. I'm better at buying Land Cruisers that I don't need.

Last edited:
Chunk O parts should be showing up this week according to fed-ex.
I REALLY need the undersized crank bearings. They SHOULD be en-route from Australia but I don't have any shipping info yet.

Picked up the radiator. Small solder job, pressure tested and cleaned out. $105.
I live in the middle of nowhere, and 10 miles down the road in a town of maybe 1000, there's a shop that repairs radiators. Emmets Repair...yes he was about 125 yrs old, the name fit. 8 Miles the other direction is a great machine shop that builds quite a few race engines but most of the business is diesel work from all the farm equipment/tractors/combines. Pretty nice to have some mom & pop shops in the middle of no-where.

I'm probably going to have the machine shop assemble the pistons, crank, cam and head etc as he has everything to get it perfect. I will then reassemble everything else and try to stab it back in there.

Hopefully this radiator buys me a few more years of service.

rad2.jpg

I think I fixed it......posting to Youtube and linking to it is just about at the edge of my capabilities. I'm better at buying Land Cruisers that I don't need.

Do you have a price for the kit ?

Do you have a price for the kit ?

Hey Joe....first batch of 10 will be $150 plus shipping....I've got 7 names down for them. So 3 kits left. Then they'll go up to $165 plus shipping. As I normally do, I'm making them much nicer than I planned(spending more money per unit).......water jet cut pieces, hand prepped before powder coating, super nice struts, hardware for install, etc.

Should I put you down for a set? PM me if so. Easier to keep track...

And I've sorted the wide nose kits....those are SUPER sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom