OEM Navigation Software Update? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys and gals... looking to update my navigation software. pretty sure that i'm currently using the original disk from 2006.

questions...
1. will an updated disk change my user interface, or just the maps/roads?
2. if an updated disk does NOT change my user interface, how do you change the user interface? i've seen pictures from a 2009 gx, and it looks different than mine...
3. ignoring the user interface question, is this the most current disk that will work in our rigs?
2008 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS TUNDRA LEXUS RX350 NAVIGATION DVD U40 VER 15.1 WEST OEM | eBay

i found this thread, but it's a little dated:
2005-2006 GX470 Navigation update 2016

hey guys and gals... looking to update my navigation software. pretty sure that i'm currently using the original disk from 2006.

questions...
1. will an updated disk change my user interface, or just the maps/roads?
2. if an updated disk does NOT change my user interface, how do you change the user interface? i've seen pictures from a 2009 gx, and it looks different than mine...
3. ignoring the user interface question, is this the most current disk that will work in our rigs?
2008 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS TUNDRA LEXUS RX350 NAVIGATION DVD U40 VER 15.1 WEST OEM | eBay

i found this thread, but it's a little dated:
2005-2006 GX470 Navigation update 2016
I just got that disc from ebay and put it in yesterday. The only difference is that the maps are updated. Nothing else is different from what I can tell.

Noticed it says “West” on it. Will it only update a region, or is that the entire country

I upgraded my 07 w/ the latest disc. There is an east and west version and if I remember correctly, they are geographically separated by the Mississippi River.

Just purchased one on eBay for 13.99 and it states that it is the entire country. We will see

It will have maps for the whole country, but the detailed points of interest and such will be limited to the region you got. I got the "2006-2010 Toyota 2017 Navigation EAST Map Update DVD" for my 08 from eBay for about $11 and it works great. New roads and neighborhoods show now, but the interface remained the same.

dang i was really hoping to upgrade the interface too... although, the OEM screen resolution and color sucks, so either way i can't expect a miracle i guesss...... thanks for replies!

i will likely update the disk anyways, just to have updated roads and what not.

Does anybody know if this version no longer gives access to the secret screens to override the Nav motion lock??

The year of your truck matters as there were 3 different navigation generations used in the GX470. The different interfaces are due to the different navigation generations. Make sure you buy a disc compatible with your generation.

According to this thread, 2003-2004 GX = Gen 2/3, 2005-2006 GX = Gen 4, 2007-2009 GX = Gen 5.

2003-2004 (Gen 2/3) will require a different DVD if you are in the West region vs the East region. The other years will have 1 disc for all the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom