Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (2 Viewers)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve think about your rig often. It’s been inspiring over the years to watch. Maybe someday I’ll get to actually see it!

I’ve think about your rig often. It’s been inspiring over the years to watch. Maybe someday I’ll get to actually see it!
Thank you for the inspiration. We will be in Eurasia for a bit maybe we will see you there

Done! Nulla is now on a boat to Zeebrugge, Belgium. Nulla will be there for a while as we travel throughout Eurasia and Africa. She will arrive in Zeebrugge Jan 12, 2019 for our slow ride south to Morocco.

0DC14B6E-346A-403A-A646-BA4ABFD767D7.jpeg

Safe travels to you guys...!!

Done! Nulla is now on a boat to Zeebrugge, Belgium. Nulla will be there for a while as we travel throughout Eurasia and Africa. She will arrive in Zeebrugge Jan 12, 2019 for our slow ride south to Morocco.

View attachment 1847573

Will be waiting for your arrival in Cape Town.
You have to do both the Northern and Southernmost tips of Africa at least once in your lifetime !

Will be waiting for your arrival in Cape Town.
You have to do both the Northern and Southernmost tips of Africa at least once in your lifetime !
We will....see you then!

Hello friends, After 45 days on a ship Nulla made it to Zeebrugge all good and smooth, no damage except for a run down battery, nothing missing. We are now preparing Nulla for our ride south through France then making a right turn along the southern coast of Spain into Morocco. We waiting in Zeebrugge for Nulla’s two batteries to finish a slow charge. Meanwhile we are soaking up the Belgium hospitality, waffles, fries, stew, and of course the Belgium beer . Our crazy idea of driving around the world will now continue on this continent. We thank the IH8MUD community for all the help in building Nulla over the years A special shout out to the IH8MUD gurus Follow out travels on our website nullacruising.com
207D302D-1F85-4743-B678-C666B835834E.jpeg
06987391-A115-46CE-A7CD-887743753D1A.jpeg
7F88BE68-B5CF-4B47-BB10-739A4BAA842A.jpeg
97B15FFD-20E2-4C66-A213-760F7B6AD224.jpeg

Nice to see you made it over here. You just missed the softer weather as the last few days have been folder and dropping further.
Are you going to visit Holland too or just straight into the warmer weather?

I had two one month old Odyssey batteries M31 PC2150 as I mention on my thread above the batteries where dead when Nulla got here. It turned out that the two Odyssey batteries will not take a charge. I ended up purchasing these batteries to get back on the road Webshop Battery Street - semi-tractie batterijen dyno europe I wonder if anyone here from the EU have experience with these batteries and have a suggestion for a battery in EU that is similar to the M31 PC 2150 Odyssey.
We are leaving Zeebrugge, Belgium this morning to camp out just outside of Paris. thanks

Are those for just the engine ? I run normal Batteries with 55Ah ( 2x for 24v ) to start my 12ht ..... works fine ;)

Not just for starting the 12ht. It is for aceessories, ARB refrigerator, diesel powered stove, usb chargers, fan etc. I have 450 watts solar panel, not doing me any good now. No sun in Paris. I do have a battery charger when I can plug in. Thx

I think the semi tractie batery is better for your purpose.
These are used in boats and campers as they can run low more before losing capacity.
Ok great thx. They where much cheaper than odyssey. Thx

It seams that you have an electrical problem .
It is rather strange that 2 batteries dye just like that .
Most likely something has drained them over the point of return .
And now they are dead .
Pls check if you have electrical stuff that drains Energy when you don't want .
This problem has probably happened during the trip from US to Europe .
When car was not active .
And solar panel not working.

Just my thoughts on the problem.

Bye Renago

Yes I agree, I am monitoring it so far everything is good. Thx
It seams that you have an electrical problem .
It is rather strange that 2 batteries dye just like that .
Most likely something has drained them over the point of return .
And now they are dead .
Pls check if you have electrical stuff that drains Energy when you don't want .
This problem has probably happened during the trip from US to Europe .
When car was not active .
And solar panel not working.

Just my thoughts on the problem.

Bye Renago

I'd recommend that you check the charge voltage requirements for your Odyssey batteries (it should be listed on the battery label). I believe they require something like 14.5 volts to charge properly, which is higher voltage than many alternators and chargers will put out. If your charging systems aren't putting out the required voltage, your batteries were never being fully charged, hence the early demise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom