Lost Industries Introduction (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lost Industries

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi guy and gals,

I have a small machine shop in AZ. My main business is heavy machining and repairs. I also do cnc work and manual machining. I have also made several custom adapter over the yrs and built lots of custom axle assemblies.
I recently started designing a few things for my 96 FZJ80. I have a front bumper in 2 versions, a roof rack(modular) similar to bowfin, and sliders.

That is all,
Chris

IMG_20181114_182129.jpg

20181011_181013.jpg

20181107_171512.jpg

That front bumper looks great. Do you have plans to make a rear one?

Yes I do have plans to make a rear bumper. I have the base drawn up but haven't cut anything yet. I'm hoping to cut some pieces in the next few weeks. I'll probably design it with option for single swing out or dual swing out.

I'm fitting the Gen 2 front bumper together this afternoon.

Looks great. Any thoughts on a similar bumper for the 100?

I could do one similar for the 100s. My cousin has a 100 so I'll see if I can get him to bring it by to take some measurements.

What are you charging? I'm looking at my longer term budget haha!

The initial offering of the front bumper on Instagram was 975 raw plus shipping for the 1st 5 bumpers. I'll off the same thing here. The Gen 2 that will be wrapped up most likely tomorrow will be an initial offering of 1100 since the wings are out of chromoly to increase strength and keep it light.

Same pricing scheme for the 100?

Yes I'll do an initial offering of the 100 series too. It might be a touch higher, I'll just have to see what it takes.

Got the wings tacked on before heading home. These wings have an oval cut in them for a bottle opener and the caps have a key hole for a hi lift lifting point.

15435457323171676232139.jpg

Think I found a front bumper I’d be willing to go with if I take it that far.. Welcome, great intro and even better fab skills! Those bumpers look top notch

Think I found a front bumper I’d be willing to go with if I take it that far.. Welcome, great intro and even better fab skills! Those bumpers look top notch

Thanks. I try and build form and function while trying to keep it simple. I'll post up some pictures of the finished Gen 2 front bumper tomorrow.
The Gen 1 pictured on the LX450 in the 1st picture is only 82lbs.

Damn that’s light! I think you should post this in the 80 section if it’s allowed

Yah and the Gen 2 is even lighter.

Will a Warn 8274 fit? Bumpers look great by the way!

I've been trying to track an 8274 down to test fit one. I know my mile marker 12k, warn 8k, smittybilt x20 10k fit fine . The warn big frame 12k fits if you trimmed the lower grill area. I think I can push the mounting out and delete the fairlead mount to fit a warn 12k without touching the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom