JDM parts source...what's in demand? (2 Viewers)

What JDM parts do you want?

• Used parts

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • New parts

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • aftermarket gear

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I have a connection in Tokyo that is considering setting up a business to sell JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Land Cruiser new and used parts and aftermarket gear. Any thoughts on what items he should focus on? What do you all want that you've found difficult to source?
Thanks!

P.S. Cross-posted for my homey's in FJ80 tech thread.

A Toyota 15B engine variant. 15BT, 15B-t , 15B fte.

They were in Dyna trucks, Coasters, and Mega Cruisers.

I’ve had a few people try to source one with no luck.

Help me please.... lol

Years ago a commercial airline pilot was bringing in 60 series cable lockers because was able to get them on the plane for free. Once I heard about it and tracked the guy down he had stopped importing them. Think there is a market for both 60 series and 70 series cable lockers in the US. Wouldn't limit it to just diesel engines.

Years ago a commercial airline pilot was bringing in 60 series cable lockers because was able to get them on the plane for free. Once I heard about it and tracked the guy down he had stopped importing them. Think there is a market for both 60 series and 70 series cable lockers in the US. Wouldn't limit it to just diesel engines.

These axles pop up from time to time but it seems that the price is the biggest issue here , I feel that other parts in the world appreciate some parts more then the cruiser guys in the US. Maybe that's why the guy stopped importing them ?

These axles pop up from time to time but it seems that the price is the biggest issue here , I feel that other parts in the world appreciate some parts more then the cruiser guys in the US. Maybe that's why the guy stopped importing them ?

Believe the airline was cracking down on the large items that pilots were shipping in the cargo hole for free. Think this was around twenty-five years ago and was selling sets of cable lockers for $600. This was pretty much word of mouth. By the times I heard about it and got the guys phone number it was too late. Happen that way to me years ago. Still sorry it didn't work out for me a little over a year ago on that front ( or was it the rear?) 60 series cable locker axle. Fastenal was shipping west at that time then my wife health issues timing wasn't right.

Last edited:
Believe the airline was cracking down on the large items that pilots were shipping in the cargo hole for free. Think this was around twenty-five years ago and was selling sets of cable lockers for $600. This was pretty much word of mouth. By the times I heard about it and got the guys phone number it was too late. Happen that way to me years ago. Still sorry it didn't work out for me a little over a year ago on that front ( or was it the rear?) 60 series cable locker axle. Fastenal was shipping west at that time then my wife health issues timing wasn't right.

I am visiting a long time bussines relation next month that has several sets of 6x and 7x cable lockers stashed away , I just need to get a few FF axles for customers but might give a try at getting at least one 6x and one 7x cable locker set if he is willing to come down on price a bit, these sell for a pretty penny the last few years in Europe and I do not see prices coming down as these are getting older and harder to find.

I’m new to the JDM diesel scene, but it seems like some of the 24V electrical parts might be handy to have. Unless they’re already easy enough to get, them ignore me. Lol

I am visiting a long time bussines relation next month that has several sets of 6x and 7x cable lockers stashed away , I just need to get a few FF axles for customers but might give a try at getting at least one 6x and one 7x cable locker set if he is willing to come down on price a bit, these sell for a pretty penny the last few years in Europe and I do not see prices coming down as these are getting older and harder to find.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you on prices not coming down. Might have jumped on a set from Netherlands for the 60 series but the mods to the housing and rust were just to much to deal with.

I’m new to the JDM diesel scene, but it seems like some of the 24V electrical parts might be handy to have. Unless they’re already easy enough to get, them ignore me. Lol

I keep most of the 24volt parts at the shop , all from lhd cruisers though so if you need a wiper motor you might have to look elsewhere ;)

I would love to find a clutch booster for a 1989 HJ61 (12H-T), and a hand throttle for the same rig. Been looking around for those two for a couple of years. Also, interior bits for the RHD models would be great!

I just bought a 200 series rear lower hatch damper as have many others on here. It was $71 delivered from Japan and it is $234 at my local Lexus dealer. Also the rear 200 series mats for the 5 seat version. Everyone here orders from Australia. There are a lot of newer parts you can sell here as well.

Those overhead console which contain altimeters and compass in Japanese 80 series are always a hit in USA

Also any of those safari covers which go over the windows (with hardware to install if possible like clips)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom