Builds A Newbs "New" 1991 1HZ Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe I see a spare trans and case there as well

DO NOT TEMPT me .... an H55 in the HZJ77 would be a dream!

That would require a large check to Odd Iron. My account ain’t that big at the moment ....

@PNWScooby I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your build thread! I recently acquired a 75 series Troopy from Joe and had made a build list this morning and sent an email to @cruiseroutfit . As I was going through your build it was almost exactly like I plan to build mine!. Well done and glad to have an example to go by. Great Photography as well. Love those beach shots! I hope I can PM you sometimes to ask specific questions on a couple of things.

@PNWScooby I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your build thread! I recently acquired a 75 series Troopy from Joe and had made a build list this morning and sent an email to @cruiseroutfit . As I was going through your build it was almost exactly like I plan to build mine!. Well done and glad to have an example to go by. Great Photography as well. Love those beach shots! I hope I can PM you sometimes to ask specific questions on a couple of things.
@BTUMAN I actually purchased the Troopy from Handsel a little over a year ago. Im just keeping up the thread to monitor all that has been done to the truck. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

@jmlockwood - Oh, didn't realize that. It seems like a great Troopy. Congratulations.

Can you tell me if you have spacers for wheels and tires he bought or if those wheel and tire combo were good without spacers?

I had this bumper at Windrock but never really got around to taking any photos or sharing any details of it. It’s basically a “kit” bumper that I had Rob at Odd Iron play around with to come up with something different. The end result turned out pretty well. No rattles and works as planned.

Absolutely Brilliant. Thats one of the best designs I have seen. I have saved the video and will probably weld that up. Thanks for sharing.

Best number plates! greatest state in Aus

I got tired of looking at faded windshield wiper arms so I had @beno order me a new set. Perfect fit and they look much, much better.

268C83E9-E000-4D7D-8441-F350969E16DE.jpeg
B6D1DB08-0849-465E-BCA6-93396CD84CD7.jpeg

I also finally got my new wheels installed. I definitely like the 8” rims over the more narrower factory wheels. They just “feel” right to me on this big tank.

B249B93E-A860-4688-A67E-28E7217A1D4A.jpeg

I’ve been back and forth the last month or so about selling the Troopy. It’s at a point where it doesn’t really need anything. There are no more projects to be done - other than maybe a turbo/intercooler and I’ve already bought those parts. I enjoy seeing these trucks transform as they get upgraded and then move on to something else once I’m finished. This Troopy was in great shape when I acquired it but a ton of details have been improved upon over the last year. But now I am out of projects for it!

I wrote up a nice for sale ad last night but still haven’t brought myself to actually pulling the trigger. I’ve bought and sold a lot of cruisers and 911’s over the last few years - I would probably miss this one the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom