Tow hooks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I’m changing the oil on my 08 DC and I notice that I don’t have any tow hooks. I’m guessing they were taken off in favor of a grill guard at some point. I’ve been searching online and it seems the oem part has two listings: one for the 2wd verions($30) and another for 4wd versions($111). Does anyone know if there really is a difference? I don’t off-road this thing , so stock is fine.

Whatever you get, make sure it's bright red.

I found my new to me 2015 DC was missing the tow hooks, but an outline of surface rust was present.

Putting the Fisher plow push plates on, using the tow hook holes was a pain as dirt got into the holes and messed up those fine threads.

The 4Runner was cake because I took out the original bolts.

If anyone wants tow hooks for an 01 4Runner letme know.

If you want, I just put that new bumper on my junk (4wd Tundra, there’s a thread) - and I have 2 sets of 4wd Tundra tow / recovery points between the ones on the T & a pair I had planned to get teflon powdercoated (I went to rope shackles).

I can sell you a set for fair price if you want, I was just going to bolt the extra red set on my 80 since it’s still carrying traditional shackles & recovery gear(they boltup to 80 frames too).

PM me, I can text pics of either pair (one set is a fresh shiny red I even oven baked too - yahoo! - were going to be my 80 one).

Offer is there, otherwise both rigs will have the 4wd Tundra hoops - they are nice IMO.

I can at least text a pic to see if you think the 4wd ones are interesting (some pics in my bumper thread show the 4wd ones too).

HTH.

Sounds like you’re covered then - cool, I really liked those cheesey red ones for my 80 anyhow, and now with Bubba soft shackles I think my Tundra ones will hit the powdercoater with my RW trim rings to get teflon PC’d.

As a half measure, 80 series recovery points are inline with the frame, slighly (real slightly) more stout than 2wd Tundra ones. Just an FYI, and they seem from memory to be exact same both FR & RR on 80 rigs.

I tried a set of 80 tow loops and they didn’t match up to my trucks mounting points.
Funny part is this an Idaho truck and someone thought taking these off was a good idea...

Hunh, I’ll report back if my swap is pure bolt-on. The guy I bought them from bought them new thinking so. He sold his LZ450, had these in reserve in the garage.

I’ll make sure to correct if I’m repeating bad info, don’t want to do that at all.

GL with what you bought - did you buy used OE parts or ‘fancy red parts’ from the Fleabay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom