What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was working on the Trekker carburetor and for comparison I took apart another from an '84 22r which I had picked up at the CLCC Swap meet a few months back.

Think I found the problem:
IMG_20181114_124422.jpg
IMG_20181114_124341.jpg

Is that one of those Jeep things?
My 40 had that also after setting next to a Jeep for about 2 years.

Well, the Trekker is tiny enough to be run on mousepower

Pretty happy with how round 2 came out...other then the purge fell out and I didnt catch it for a few joints.
The extra pipe and slightly longer run seems to have changed the tune a little.

20181118_095734.jpg

20181118_102334.jpg

20181118_095835.jpg

20181118_103336.jpg

Felt it was time for some change and I wanted to start using the room again so I stopped at Lowe's, picked up some paint and started a house project before having to tear into the trans on my Silver 4runner:

Almost done now, have a couple more coats to do an some areas to touch up, room feels huge and has some light finally... I hate painting, but I think I'll prefer it over transmission work...

My word Bill that piggy will be like new soon!!!! Is your regular guy doing the work? And does he still have the 40?

Regular guy is not doing the body work. The guy who did the 60 last winter is working on the 55. Liked his body work, give the paint job an ok. Working nights and weekends in my garage. Hope to find a paint booth in the spring? He had the time and ambition. Plus he owed me a favor! Saw Bob M was making some parts again so I figured I'd jump on it.

Sadly the 76 40 is stuck in neutral. Hoping 2019 is a better year for wrapping that one up!

Get a room!

I applied my standard approach.
Read a little, tear it apart, figure out how to fix it, stumble through putting it back together...because I didnt read the proper procedure for dissessmbly.
Turns out there are a s***on of threads regarding taking them apart and even more on how to put them together...in regards to getting every thing timed right.
Turns out they really only go back together one way.

The 8" ones are a little different and really only need indexed if you rotate the motor. Maybe during bench testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom