My LC “build” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to introduce myself and my Cruiser. I bought it locally back in June with 223k miles. It was a 1 owner car that was bought locally and all maintenance was done at the same dealership. The PO had all service records. He was an older gentleman and I don’t think he ever took it off road, not even dirt roads.

Since buying it I replaced the driver door lock actuator, installed Weathertech floor mats, seat covers on the front seats, installed the hitch and a Spec USA Bluetooth adapter. The oil pressure sending unit will be replaced with the next oil change along with the heater T’s and the bottom hinge on the drivers door. My next project will be the nav delete, I’m just waiting on the rest of my parts to arrive.

Today I removed the fender flares and running boards. The paint needed work before doing this (chalky looking) but it needs a lot more now where the fender flares scratched the paint. I plan on getting the paint touched up and painting the rear bumper and the stripe down the side white. The front bumper will get replaced when I finally decide which one I want. I’m currently eyeing the ARB and Addictrd Off-road bumpers. This will be a long drawn out build.

Pics from today:
upload_2018-10-11_21-54-17.jpeg

upload_2018-10-11_21-55-28.jpeg

upload_2018-10-11_21-55-53.jpeg

I also want to thank everyone for all the info. It helped me out a lot when deciding what to buy and with the projects I have done and have planned.

That looks good to me, sometimes I wish that mine was white but instead I own a beige 2005. Good luck with your process as it can be a long one. The 100 will last you for quite a while.

Welcome to the Mudness.

Great find! I bet it is nice to find a Southern LC that has been taken care of. You said the paint looked chalky? Have you thought about doing a paint correction to remove any bonded contaminants and any oxidation and scratches? That would most likely remove that chalky/dull paint.

Great find! I bet it is nice to find a Southern LC that has been taken care of. You said the paint looked chalky? Have you thought about doing a paint correction to remove any bonded contaminants and any oxidation and scratches? That would most likely remove that chalky/dull paint.
I had a friend who does paint and body look at it and he said it will buff out. I'm going to have him do that, touch up a few areas and color match the rear bumper and stripe down the side. I'm not sure when I will get to it though, the nav delete has set be back quite a bit.

I had a friend who does paint and body look at it and he said it will buff out. I'm going to have him do that, touch up a few areas and color match the rear bumper and stripe down the side. I'm not sure when I will get to it though, the nav delete has set be back quite a bit.

I'd love to delete my factory navigation but it's integrated and I don't dislike it that much to spend the $$$.

Oh and btw, Roll Tide! :flipoff2:

Amazing how much better it looks without the fender flares. Of course, we all know how much better it looks w/out the running boards. About to take them off my LX once I get it back from shop.

Man, lots of us in N GA. Good looking landcruiser.

Mines stock, but I've got metal tech sliders, OME T bars, OME springs and a set of rock warriors sitting in my garage.

Man, lots of us in N GA. Good looking landcruiser.

Mines stock, but I've got metal tech sliders, OME T bars, OME springs and a set of rock warriors sitting in my garage.
A lift will be the next big purchase after I recover some money from the nav delete or sell my 72 MG Midget. Know anyone local who needs fender flares, running boards, or a front bumper?

You can probably sell the fender flares, when I removed mine several people contacted me about buying them.

If you're giving the bumper away I'd take it, mines pretty beat.

15425796912684778764030612842515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom