Builds A Newbs "New" 1991 1HZ Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made it back home from the 70 series meet and greet. I managed two milestones on the way to/from the event: (1) rolled over 28,000 km's; and (2) rolled over 29,000 kilometers. That's the most mileage this truck has seen in a four day period in its life.

IMG_1747.jpg

I put rubber grease (no,its not condom lube)on my door seals. Its stops any rubber from going brittle and stops door seals squeaking for a 6 months.

I put rubber grease (no,its not condom lube)on my door seals. Its stops any rubber from going brittle and stops door seals squeaking for a 6 months.

Can you share more details about a brand name?

ooooo keep us posted. can you pm me price on those? Does it comewith the bracket.

I feel like I'm in an arms race.......

Can you share more details about a brand name?

I'm damn interested as well.

If you put "rubber grease" into google images, you will see about a dozen brands, Bosch, Castrol CRC .There is also a Porsche and Nissan brand.
The brand you can buy will most likely depend on whereabouts you are.
Its generally a red grease.

I finally broke down and ordered some Scheel-Mann seats for the Troopy. Placed a special order with Toby and hope to have them installed by the first of the year.
You got something against Naugahyde? :)

ooooo keep us posted. can you pm me price on those? Does it comewith the bracket.
A bracket setup is in production. I went with the Vario F XXL seats in brown cloth and dark brown leatherette. I think that will work well with the Troopy’s dark brown interior. I added arm rests but no seat heaters. I try to keep things simple.

I made the decision about 2 hours into the drive to Windrock that the stock seats were being replaced.
At the 2 hour point we only had 10 more to go. :lol:

I had this bumper at Windrock but never really got around to taking any photos or sharing any details of it. It’s basically a “kit” bumper that I had Rob at Odd Iron play around with to come up with something different. The end result turned out pretty well. No rattles and works as planned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom