Wanted HJ61 VX High Roof 5 Speed with Lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

Recently retired dude trying to recapture some of my youth wanting to purchase clean original condition HJ61 VX High Roof 5 speed with original paint/decals, factory PTO/ bumpers and cable lockers. Prefer truck with less than 160k miles/260k km. Truck should have clean body panels and undercarriage with little signs of rust. 2" OME or equivalent lift preferred. Some sun fading on hood and roof may be ok depending overall condition of truck. Service and maintenance should be up to date with records. 1st color preference is gray. Not interested in snorkel or mud vehicle. Have budget of $18k - $24k.

Thanks much!

There’s one up in Oregon area that’s been kicking around for craigslist $26k forever. Very well built with 1hz-t...and Marks gears.ome full nine yards. Mud member that passed away -kids will get proceeeds and it sounds like a friend has been charged with offloading it fr them.

Hello,

Recently retired dude trying to recapture some of my youth wanting to purchase clean original condition HJ61 VX High Roof 5 speed with original paint/decals, factory PTO/ bumpers and cable lockers. Prefer truck with less than 160k miles/260k km. Truck should have clean body panels and undercarriage with little signs of rust. 2" OME or equivalent lift preferred. Some sun fading on hood and roof may be ok depending overall condition of truck. Service and maintenance should be up to date with records. 1st color preference is gray. Not interested in snorkel or mud vehicle. Have budget of $18k - $26k.

Thanks much!

Your looking for a unicorn. There are very few left like what you're after. One sold last year on here for 17k and change. It had some rust.
I found one 5 yrs ago and bought it. They don't come around that often. Good luck in your search.

Coming from the owner of one just like you are requesting, that seems to be a pretty tall order for that budget. Unless you are willing to wait a while you might have to raise your budget or make some compromises to your want list. I know I wouldn't sell mine for that kind of price, but then again there might be some sentimental value attached to it as well. Lol

Thanks, for the advice on pricing. I have expanded my budget range (see my thread post on 9/19) to $26k.

It seems like the 60s series truck prices are skyrocketing. Will go a little higher for the right truck. Like most expensive toys, it’s more of a want than a need....

Last edited:
I posted a nice 61 a while back that was in the NL, but I think it sold (mobile.de).

I don't have the beat of the street for N. American or JDM HJ61's, but Tibbs is spot on. I have been watching the European market for the last 5-6 years very closely and what you're looking for is two unicorns pulling a chariot made of bitcoin.

Low miles
12HT
No rust
Manual 5spd
High Roof
No rust
Factory 60 lockers
Factory paint and Turbo/stripe decals
No rust......

I do hope you find it and post many, many pics for the rest of us to enjoy. Budget? Maybe RHD. LHD you better be ready to travel overseas and/or up your ante about $7-10K+. Just my $0.02.

Not mine.

!987 Landcruiser HJ61

Get over that LHD/RHD bit, and I think you’ve got all your other boxes checked

Looks like the right vehicle at a great price. Hidden gremlins?
Very good question.

Hell, I'd be tempted just to get it for the 12HT, PS, AC, H55, lockers/FF rear.

If the body is not a complete rust/bondo mess and the drivetrain is solid - I think its damn nice looking 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom