Has anyone installed 1GR in early 90s 70 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cant think of anyone on MUD doing it. It probably wont be too hard if you can get one from a 90s GRJ95 Prado

Would be a great swap into a 70 series Prado. I don't see why it's not possible (as the engine came in the newer 70 series).

I cant think of anyone on MUD doing it. It probably wont be too hard if you can get one from a 90s GRJ95 Prado

Hello,

Gasoline/petrol 95 Series Prados had the VZ engine, which happens to be a 3.4 liter V6.

The 1GR is 4.0 liter. To me, it looks about the same size as a VZ.

A VZ/1GR engine swap in a 70 Series Prado would be interesting. Moreover, it is an engine powerful enough for that body.

Juan

I've seen a few LJ78 builds with the 5VZFE. The owners say the power is great for the truck. Probably one of the most economical engines to buy and bolts to the same transmissions.

The 1GR is 4.0 liter. To me, it looks about the same size as a VZ.

Thats what I thought. They basically used the one engine block for all their V6 cars and landcruisers.

I've seen a few LJ78 builds with the 5VZFE. The owners say the power is great for the truck. Probably one of the most economical engines to buy and bolts to the same transmissions.

I had an 04 Taco with a 5vz. I supercharged it, 7th injector, URD controller and small pulley, Doug Thorely headers and nice exhaust.

Empty the truck could light them up on pavement. I built the truck out for over landing, it weighed 6,000lbs loaded for a big trip. I drove it to Panama and back twice doing 25,000 miles through Latin America. I put 65,000 miles on the truck with the S/C and mods before I sold it. Had to rebuild the S/C once and fried the TPS sensor due to heat sink. I slapped a TB spacer on it and it cured that problem. I never dyno’ed it but I suspect it had about 275hp.

So I agree, excellent engine choice for a Prado.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom