For Sale Northern California 1987 FJ60 with RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!!!

REDUCED PRICE!

Hi all,

I am selling my 87 FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser with a little over 161,000 original miles and includes a Treeline Outdoors roof-top tent. The vehicle has a clean CA title and is rust free as it has been located in CA it's entire life. I have owned it the last 5 or so years and have made substantial improvements and it has had extensive preventative maintenance done. All work has been done by Gary at Mudrack's Custom Cruisers in Sonoma, CA. Below is a list of maintenance/additions to the vehicle to date:

- Newish 31" BFG All-terrains and wheels (~15k on them) including spare
- Old Man Emu suspension system and lift
- Complete re-paint in original factory color
- Baja Rack expedition roof rack
- Treeline Outdoors roof-top tent with light use
-Tinted windows all around
-complete front axel/knuckle job, including new locking hubs
-upgraded tundra brake system
-IPF LED headlights
-New OEM Smog Pump
-New OEM Power Steering Pump
-New OEM Brake Master Cylinder
-New Clutch Master Cylinder
-New plugs, wires, distributer cap (tune-up)
-New battery installed a couple of months ago
-Replaced all engine gaskets (e.g., oil pan, side cover, etc.) It used to leak oil from multiple locations and now leaks nothing.
-Exhaust manifold was repaired
-Replaced entire cooling system, including radiator, hoses, etc.
-New Sony stereo

Below is a list of issues/things I know about that vehicle:

-Exhaust leaks in a few different places and will eventually need to be replaced. The CAT is OK and it passes smog
-Speakers need to be replaced
-Parking brake light stays on even when it is not engaged
-Drivers side seat bolster has the common tear. The rest of the interior seat upholstery is in great shape
-rear cargo carpet has a few tears
-slight hesitation/sputter when the vehicle is started cold but once it warms up it runs great

It has been a great vehicle and will serve you well as is or can be a great platform for a larger project. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to add it and if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I'm located in Petaluma (45 min north of San Francisco) and would be happy to show it to anyone on the weekends.

Price with Roof-top Tent: $19,000
Price without Roof-top Tent: $18,000

Link for Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xvGPZzkpTQLLrRHL7

Last edited:
Nice truck and GLWTS

- The brake light issue can likely be fixed just by topping off your brake fluid
- Wasn't aware that new OEM smog pumps were available?
- I've come to believe that a slight sputter is to be expected unless you allow the engine to warm up for a min or two with the choke open

Interested in what this ends up going for

didn't this sell recently on BAT??

I attempted to sell it about a month ago on BaT but the high bidder never responded to any of my calls/texts/emails. Completely disappeared. Very weird and BaT has no explanation as to what happened. Needless to say, I'm moving on to other options. I originally just wanted to list it here first but ended up trying their site to no avail. Hope this helps!

Nice truck and GLWTS

- The brake light issue can likely be fixed just by topping off your brake fluid
- Wasn't aware that new OEM smog pumps were available?
- I've come to believe that a slight sputter is to be expected unless you allow the engine to warm up for a min or two with the choke open

Interested in what this ends up going for

Cool, thanks for the tip on the brake light. I'll give that a shot. They aren't, but Mudrack's has/had a secret stockpile. Good to know on the sputter issue. I didn't know it was to be expected so I thought I'd be upfront about it.

I attempted to sell it about a month ago on BaT but the high bidder never responded to any of my calls/texts/emails. Completely disappeared. Very weird and BaT has no explanation as to what happened. Needless to say, I'm moving on to other options. I originally just wanted to list it here first but ended up trying their site to no avail. Hope this helps!

That sucks.
BaT refunded your fee and put you in touch with the second high bidder?

That’s the one thing I really don’t like about the BAT process. They provide the auction framework and host the details but once it ends the financial transaction is completely outside of the BAT website. I bought a car on BAT and my recollection is that signing up to be a bidder was pretty simple with little in the way of verification.

Quick update. I've reduced the price in hopes of selling the truck as soon as possible. My daily driver/commuter car died on me and we need to sell this vehicle to fund the purchase of a new family car.

Quick update. I've reduced the price in hopes of selling the truck as soon as possible. My daily driver/commuter car died on me and we need to sell this vehicle to fund the purchase of a new family car.

Did you sell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom