Offset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I'm seeking to swap out my 2007 gx wheels for some 4runner ones. My question would be around the offset. The Lexus has an offset of 25mm. Many of the 4runner wheels have same bolt pattern (5.5) and wheel size (17 x 17.5) but offset of 15 mm. Will I have any issues with rubbing or fitment? Spacers needed? I'm not wishing to move away from OEM tire size or wheel size and want a similar ride and profile. Whats the least offset and the most I can get away without an issue.
Any suggestions are appreciated. I couldn't nail down an answer with my forum searches.
Thanks in advance
Jeffb

Lower offset pushes the outside edge of the wheel out away from the vehicle, it accomplishes the same thing as adding wheel spacers would. Any of those lower offset factory wheels will fit just fine (FJ Cruiser, some 4Runner wheels, etc). Rubbing/fitiment issues will depend on the size of rubber you're wanting to use.

Ian is right. I run 30mm (15mm more inboard) offset on a 2" lift with no rubbing. T4R rims should be fine, but I had to clearance my calipers to fit the 17" Tacoma TRD Sport rims.

Ian is right. I run 30mm (15mm more inboard) offset on a 2" lift with no rubbing. T4R rims should be fine, but I had to clearance my calipers to fit the 17" Tacoma TRD Sport rims.

Lower offset pushes the outside edge of the wheel out away from the vehicle, it accomplishes the same thing as adding wheel spacers would. Any of those lower offset factory wheels will fit just fine (FJ Cruiser, some 4Runner wheels, etc). Rubbing/fitiment issues will depend on the size of rubber you're wanting to use.

Thank you. Most of the 4Runner wheels are 15 mm offset. At least those with. 7.5 width. So if I understand, the outside of the tyre is 10mm closer to the inside fender well. No plans to lift the truck. Will I get rubbing with standard 265/65/17 tyres?

Thank you. I’m more a mall-er. Don’t need the height to get over those parking curbs. Definitely don’t want to grind on my calipers with the wrong wheel. I like those TRD wheels too. Damn. Thanks for your heads up.

Thank you. Most of the 4Runner wheels are 15 mm offset. At least those with. 7.5 width. So if I understand, the outside of the tyre is 10mm closer to the inside fender well. No plans to lift the truck. Will I get rubbing with standard 265/65/17 tyres?

Any 120 series wheels will fit with stock size tires, zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom