What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good plan.
not any of the bearings in the belt system... since the engine idle dies off when it happens I am thinking the distributor is trying to nicely let me know its ready to retire... 27yrs, not bad... I wish MSD made a distributor for these though...

Plus when I picker her up the hoses to the top of the cap were off, and there is certainly a ton of rust in there... no doubt the PO was not very good at taking care of it...

not any of the bearings in the belt system... since the engine idle dies off when it happens I am thinking the distributor is trying to nicely let me know its ready to retire... 27yrs, not bad... I wish MSD made a distributor for these though...

Plus when I picker her up the hoses to the top of the cap were off, and there is certainly a ton of rust in there... no doubt the PO was not very good at taking care of it...
Bummer. Something in the belts would have been a much easier fix.

I second this observation. My supercharged 80 is on 35s with 4.88s and it is methanol-injected. I recently drove a turbocharged 80 (a custom, not a Safari) on 35s with stock 4.10 gears. It was a lot faster and felt like a good-running stock 100 without all the excess baggage piled on it.

Big difference indeed.

I like how slow and relaxing my 80 is and it’s great not having to worry about potholes. Also, with how it handles and stops I wouldn’t want it any faster. When I want to go fast and get beat up I drive my F80 M3 :)

Last edited:
I like how slow and relaxing my 80 is and it’s great not having to worry about potholes. Also, with how handles and stops I wouldn’t want it any faster. When I want to go fast and get beat up I drive my F80 M3 :)
Ha! Seems like most of us have another lover in the garage! GTI MK7

561A0A22-5E14-486B-A801-10E89658F051.jpeg
Ha! Seems like most of us have another lover in the garage! GTI MK7
These....

654BF03B-2D3E-4328-B7E5-5FB83A845CF4.jpeg

Picked up a extra t-case from @kbFJ60 for a little 3:1 and UD project. View attachment 1820795 Took the family out last weekend for a quick camp along the coast. View attachment 1820796 View attachment 1820791 Then, went wheeling at Hollister Hills and met up with a crew of 9 80s. We outnumbered the Jeeps and Full Size Towmobiles! Pretty sick.View attachment 1820793View attachment 1820794
Who's got the blue/grey cruiser with what looks like a factory installed swing-out tire carrier? I'd like one of those. Also the offset license plate holder. Any leads would be awesome!

Who's got the blue/grey cruiser with what looks like a factory installed swing-out tire carrier? I'd like one of those. Also the offset license plate holder. Any leads would be awesome!
yeah that’s my buddy’s brothers 80. Not sure where he got it. There was a lot to take in when 9 Cruisers rolled up. Pretty sick though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom